Chapter 6

As soon as I walked into school the next day, Jason came over to me. "Hey. Wanna hang out later?"

"I don't know. I think I'm busy," I replied. Yesterday after I came home from Noah's, my parents had told me we're going to my aunt Erica's and uncle Preston's today.

"Okay. Tomorrow then?"

"Sure."

"Okay. Cool. Well I'll see you later." He turned and left. I faced my locker. Just as I started to grab my books I heard someone say my name.

"Erin." My eyes widened. Noah. The last person I want to see right now. I quickly shut my locker and started walking away but he grabbed my arm. "Wait."

I sighed in defeat and turned around. "What?"

"I know you don't want to hear this but I really want to get back together with you."

"I know. You've told me many times." I rolled my eyes annoyed. When is he gonna give up?

"Please Erin." He stepped closer to me. "We were so great together. And I'll do whatever it takes to get you back. I'm not giving up on this."

"Noa-" I was cut off when his lips crushed mine. I don't know why but I kissed him back. I felt him smile. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. He brought me closer.

When we broke apart he was smiling. "Does this mean you'll be my girlfriend again?"

I sighed. "I admit I still have feelings for you." His face lit up in hope. "But I'm not getting back together with you. I can't."

"But-"

I cut him off. "No. I can't. Just please except that."

"I-"

"I'm never changing my mind about this. So if I were you I'd forget about me. Find someone else who you can be with."

"I don't want anyone else. I want you."

"Well it's not gonna happen so forget it. The time we spent together two years ago was amazing but it's over now. Forever. But we can still be friends."

"But I love you."

I felt myself giving in. I didn't want to so I said something quick. "I'm sorry." I turned and walked away before I had time to tell him I'll be with him again.

School went by unbelievably fast. Classes were normal. At lunch I sat by Jason. He was sitting with Noah and his other friends. Noah kept looking at me as if to say 'please don't end us' but I pretended not to notice.

Now it's the end of the day and I'm at home getting ready to go to my aunt and uncle's. The only reason we're going to their house is because we haven't seen them in a long time so we decided to have dinner with them. They also have two kids: a twelve year old girl named Shelby and a boy named Evan that's my age.

There was a knock on my bedroom door. "Erin, are you ready to go?" my mom asked.

"Yeah." I grabbed my phone off my bed and opened the door. We went downstairs and out to my dad's car. He was already in the driver's seat. He started the car.

"Can you turn on the radio?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." He turned the radio on. Christina Perri's song Arms was playing. I sang along in my head.

After a few more songs we pulled into the driveway. I got out of the car and went to the front door. I rang the doorbell. A few seconds later my aunt opened the door.

"Hi!" she said happily and hugged me.

"Hi, Aunt Erica," I said.

"How are you, dear?"