Chapter 12

Today is my date with Jason. I really don't want to go but he said he would leave me alone if I did.

I finished getting ready for school and went downstairs for breakfast. Pancakes were already on the table. "Hey, honey," my mom said.

"Hi," I replied. "I'm not gonna be home after school."

"Why not?" she asked as she sat down across from me.

"I'm going on a date with Jason."

She stared at me with shock obvious on her face. "Really? But you just broke up with Noah. Besides, I thought you said you didn't date?"

"I don't. He's practically forcing me to go out with him. I'm just glad he's not making me be his girlfriend." I grabbed a piece of pancake and plopped it into my mouth.

"Erin, he can't force you to go out with him."

"Well, he's not exactly forcing me. He just wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to go on a date with him. I didn't have much of a choice."

"Of course you did. You always have a choice."

"Yeah, but I'd rather just go out with him once than have him annoy me."

"You like him."

I looked at her in disbelief. "I do not!"

"Yeah, you do."

"No, I don't!"

She crossed her arms as if she didn't believe me. "Really?"

"Yeah," I lied.

"Okay," she said in a I-still-don't-believe-you way.

I finished eating and stood up. I grabbed my backpack. "I'm leaving now. I'll be back around six or seven."

"Okay. Bye."

I opened the door and headed to my car. I hopped into the passenger's seat, buckled my seatbelt, and started driving. I turned on the radio. Taylor Swift's, The Story Of Us is playing.

"I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us. How we met and the sparks flew instantly. And people would say they're the lucky ones," I sang along.

A few more songs played before I pulled into the parking lot at school. I went inside and to my locker. Jason was leaning against it.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I replied.

"What's up?"

"Nothing."

He moved away from my locker. I stepped forward and starting turning the combination. "So there's something I have to ask you."

"Okay. What?" Don't ask me again to be your girlfriend.

He stepped close to me. "Why won't you be my girlfriend?"

"I told you, I just can't. Please accept that."

"How am I suppose to accept it when I'm in love with you?"

I didn't know what to say to that. "I'm sorry. But I can't," I decided on saying a few seconds later. I turned around and walked away. A few seconds later someone grabbed my arm and dragged me into a closet. "Let me g-" I was cut off when his lips were on mine. I pushed him away. "You know what? I'm not going on a date with you anymore." I opened the door and walked to class as fast as I could.

For the rest of the day I ignored Jason. I talked to Noah a lot though. It's funny how just a couple weeks ago it was Noah I was trying to avoid and now it's Jason.