Chapter 11

The next day at school, people would not stop bugging me about my second break up with Noah. They kept asking me why I broke up with him and flipped out when I told them I don't love him anymore.

"Erin."

I turned around from my locker. "Hey, Jason."

"Hey. I heard you broke up with Noah."

"Yeah, I did but I don't want to talk about it. People have been bugging me about it all day." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. So now that you're single...." He stepped closer to me until we were just inches apart. Please don't kiss me, I thought. Unfortunately he did. I quickly pulled away.

"Why did you just do that? I thought you said you weren't gonna kiss me anymore."

"Yeah. I said that when you were dating Noah. But now that you broke up that doesn't apply anymore." He smirked.

"Well I-" He cut me off by kissing me again. I pushed him away again. "Stop."

"Come on. Stop trying to fight it. I know you have feelings for me."

"No, I don't. You're my friend. But that's all."

"I don't believe that."

"Well you should because it's the truth," I lied.

He stepped closer again. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Tell me the truth."

"I am telling you the truth."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "I still don't think you are. Just tell me if you like me. You don't have to go out with me but at least be honest and tell me you have feelings for me." I stayed silent. "I'm not gonna leave you alone until you do."

"Fine! I like you, okay?!" He smiled. "But I'm not gonna go out with you. I just want to be friends. But if you're not gonna be able to except that then leave me al-"

I was cut off by him kissing me once again. He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. I don't know why but I kissed him back. He smiled against my lips. A few seconds later we broke apart for breath. Right when we got our breathing back he kissed me again.

"Will you be my girl?" he asked once we separated.

"No. I can't."

He frowned. "Why not?"

"Remember what I told you about my brother?"

"Well why did you go out with Noah then?"

"Because he was an exception."

"Can't I be an exception too?"

"No. I'm sorry but I can't. Please just except that."

"But I think I love you."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"I love you. Please be my girlfriend."

"I can't. I'm sorry."

He sighed. "Fine. Then you won't have to worry about me anymore." He turned around and started to walk away.

"Jason, wait!" He ignored me and kept walking. I ran after him. "Jason!"

He turned around. He had a sad expression on his face and I felt bad. "What?"

"I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not. I'm just really upset. And I don't get why you won't be with me."

"Because I can't. My brother killed himself because his heart got broken! Seeing him so torn apart when he was alive made me never want to go through that. And if I don't date I won't have to go through it."