Chapter 16

"Erin!"

I turned around from my locker. Riley was running towards me. "Hey. Did you ask out Ryan yet?"

"No. I don't think I'm going to, anymore."

I frowned. "Why not? I thought you really liked him." I turned back to my locker and grabbed my calculus book.

"I do but I think he'll say no."

I shut my locker and we started walking to class. "How do you know?"

"I kinda get the feeling that he likes someone else."

I stopped walking. "Really?" Does she know that he has feelings for me? If I tell her that he asked me out will she hate me?

"Yeah." She looked at me with a nervous look on her face. "I'm probably wrong though, right?"

We started walking again. "Well you never know unless you try. I think you should ask him out but it's your choice."

She smiled. "Okay. I'll ask him out."

I smiled back. "Good. You two would make a good couple." We reached the gym and saw Ryan talking to his friend Kyle. "There he is. Go ask him."

She shook her head. "No way. He's talking to Kyle."

I rolled my eyes. "Just go ask him." I pushed her towards Ryan and she bumped into him. He looked at her, which caused her to look back at me and glare. I laughed to myself and continued walking to my calculus class.

"Hey, Erin!" I heard someone shout my name. I turned around and saw Jason walking in my direction.

"Great," I said sarcastically to myself.

"Where are you going?" he asked once he caught up to me.

"Class," I answered and started to walk again.

"Well I know that, but I mean what class?"

"Calculus."

"Oh, cool."

I stopped walking and turned to face him. "Why are you talking to me?"

He had a confused look on his face. "What do you mean? I thought we agreed to stay friends when you broke up with me?"

"Yeah, but remember yesterday when we were playing truth or dare and you dared me to be your girlfriend again?"

"Yeah, but-"

I cut him off. "No. I'm getting sick of you begging me to be with you again. I'm just done with it. I agreed to be friends with you but since you won't give up on trying to get me to be your girlfriend I'm just gonna stop talking to you from now on. Goodbye."

I feel kinda bad. That was the most harsh I've ever been to someone before. But I guess I just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

I was about to walk away when Jason grabbed my arm. "Fine. I'll stop bugging you about being my girlfriend if you'll stay friends with me."

"I already said that I would but you still kept bugging me about it."

"I know but this time I won't."

I sighed. "Okay, but you have to promise not to bug me AND you have to keep your promise."

"Okay. I promise."

"Alright. We're still friends, then."

He smiled. "Thanks."

The one minute bell rang. "Well I'll see you later."

"Okay."

I began to walk to my calculus class when someone pulled me into a closet. I heard the door lock. "What the-"

I was cut off by the person who pulled me in here. "Hey, Erin." He turned the light on.

I frowned. "What do you want, Noah?"

"What I want is to know why you suddenly hate me."

I looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding, right?"

"No, I'm serious."

"Well why do you think? You beat up Jason for no reason!"

"I had a reason."

"Oh, really? Let's hear it, then." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"He stole you from me. I was in love with you and you broke up with me for him!" Suddenly a hurt look appeared on his face.

I groaned. "For the last time, I didn't break up with you for him. I broke up with you because I don't love you anymore. Besides, Jason and I broke up."

He looked devastated when I said that. He shouldn't. It's not the first time I said that I don't love him. "Well he still asked you out when he knew how I felt about you. And he was suppose to be my best friend. It goes against the code!"

"What code?"

Suddenly the siren for a code red went off. Noah and I froze and went dead silent. A few seconds later I heard the door open. Before I had time to react, the sound of a gun went off and I felt a bullet hit me in the leg. I screamed and fell to the ground. I could just catch a glimpse of the person who shot me run away and hear Noah shout for help before I blacked out.