FORTY-SEVEN ➳ AVOIDING AT ALL COSTS

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
AVOIDING AT ALL COSTS
╚═════ ═════╝

TERESA CLOSED AND LOCKED THE DOOR TO HER ROOM AT GRANNY'S INN, BEFORE MAKING HER WAY TOWARD THE DINER

TERESA CLOSED AND LOCKED THE DOOR TO HER ROOM AT GRANNY'S INN, BEFORE MAKING HER WAY TOWARD THE DINER. When she emerged from the hall, she made a b-line for the counter. "Two cocoas, please Granny."

"I swear cocoa is all that boy drinks," Granny muttered as she left to make two cups for Teresa. As she did, Teresa leaned over Robin's shoulder — who was sitting at the counter — to see what he was looking at on his phone.

"What is that?" she asked in confusion.

"It's a picture of up inside Zelena, so you can see the baby."

Teresa scrunched her nose up in disgust, the thought of someone sticking something up there to get a picture just absolutely horrifying her. "Um, gross."

Robin chuckled. "Regina said it's call a sonogram. It doesn't exactly go up there, it's this little wand thing that they place on the stomach." He leaned over and showed the picture to the younger archer. "You see, that's the baby."

Teresa raised a brow as she stared at his cell phone screen, at the blurry black and gray picture. "How fascinating. This realm certainly has some wonderful things." Robin nodded in agreement. "Boy or girl?"

"Apparently it's too early for that."

Teresa hummed. "You got yourself into a sticky situation, my friend."

Robin sighed. "It seems I have. I-I feel bad before it's Regina's evil sister, but..."

"But it's still your child?" Robin nodded, heaving a heavy sigh. "Unfortunately, I'm only sixteen. I'm afraid I don't have much advice for your situation."

Robin smiled. "I didn't think you would."

Granny then placed the cocoas in front of her. Teresa handed over two of the tokens from in her pocket. With every hunt she gives to Granny, she earns a token, which she then uses to pay for her things at the diner. One token equals one free thing from the menu.

After wishing Robin luck with his situation, Teresa left the diner, only to, of course, run into Hook on the sidewalk.

He smirked upon seeing not only one cup of cocoa, but two. "Visitng the lad, I see."

Teresa rolled her eyes. "In fact, I am."

"Rumor has it, you shared a lovely evening last night."

"You're infuriating," she told him, before brushing past the smirking pirate.

She did in fact have a wonderful evening with Henry, and after learning from Regina that Henry was upset about something Emma did, she was hell bent on cheering him up. Hence the two cups of steaming hot cocoas in her hands.