FORTY-FOUR ➳ ARCHERY

Start from the beginning

"You know what, David?" Snow bit her lip as she turned to her husband, worry in her eyes. "Wait until we know more."

"It's not like I'm needed here. It's a chance." David stepped forward and handed Baby Neal over to his mother. "I'm taking it."

Teresa was conflicted. She didn't know how to feel, what to feel, how to act, any of it. She felt like everything has changed, but in a good way; she thinks.

Before The Apprentice had announced everything, there was no awkwardness between her and Henry, they were able to laugh and talk and drink cocoa together as the friends they were, but now? Now everything was completely messed up. Teresa didn't know how to act around him, or what to even feel. Yes, she knew that she is destined to share the purest and greatest love with Henry, but that didn't change the fact that everything was confusing as hell.

All she wanted was things to go back to normal, where she had known there could be something for her and Henry in the future. Now that she knew that they would definitely have a future together, she couldn't help but start to feel all those small feelings grow to be even stronger.

Ever since the dance, Teresa was trying even harder to avoid him. She was honestly afraid. She knew Henry was feeling things too, due to their destined love, but she was too afraid that maybe, just maybe, everything could be ruined and something bad would happen to their destined them. She didn't want to get too close and lose him, or have the same thing done to him.

As she nouched an arrow, Teresa pulled back the string and fired, letting the arrow soar into the trunk of a tree. She was letting off some steam, trying to clear her mind of everything and just a have moment to herself.

As she went to retrieve her arrow, someone suddenly spoke. "Hi."

Teresa's heart started to race. She turned around and gave Henry a smile. "Hi."

"Mind if I join you?" Henry asked with a bright and nervous smile plastered on his face.

Teresa arched a brow. "You want to join me?"

Henry shrugged. "Why not? I've never shot an arrow before, it wouldn't hurt to try."

Teresa smiled. "If you insist." She stepped forward and handed over her bow to Henry. "Hold it up, load an arrow."

Henry did as instructed and pulled the bow strung back, whilst keeping the arrow in place. He struggle to get the arrow to stay still, which made Teresa smile.

"You're right, you've never held a bow before." Teresa stepped closer and lifted his arm. "A little higher with the back arm. Straighten your spine, lean forward slightly."

Henry did all that she instructed.

"Part your feet some, they're too close."

"Like this?" Henry asked, spreading his feet apart a couple inches.

Teresa nodded, and stepped closer, her shoulder against his. She reached forward and took his fingers, placing them in the correct spot. "Lastly, you'll want to hold here, not here."

Teresa could feel his eyes on the side of her face, which made her blush. She cleared her throat and stepped back. "You uh...you can shoot now."

Henry nodded, his heart racing from their closeness. He had been able to smell her woodsie scent; he honestly loved how she always seemed to smell like the woods, even if she hadn't been in the woods that day.

Henry turned toward the tree and as he aimed, his then released. The arrow soared through the air, before clashing against a tree nowhere near his target. He frowned ae he lowered the bow to his side, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"That's okay, you'll get the hang of it. Believe it or not, I wasn't always the skilled archer I am now."

Henry gasped, placing a hand over his heart. "You mean to say the great Teresa Holmes once didn't know how to shoot an arrow? That's horrifying!"

Teresa laughed, her nose scrunching up in a way that made Henry's heart race even more.

"You want to try again?" she asked.

Henry eagerly nodded, wishing to spend more time with her. With a wave of her hand, Teresa conjured the arrow into her palm with her magic, which made Henry smile.

"Sometimes I forget you even have magic," he stated. "How come you never use it?"

Teresa shrugged. "I use it, but arrows are my life. It'll always be my first line of defense, unless I don't have my bow, of course." She then handed the arrow over to Henry. "Now, Mills, show me what you got."

David and King Arthur had been successful; the pair had returned back to Camelot with the toadstool that would allow them to speak with Merlin, they hoped.

Not even an hour after they had returned, King Arthur had made the announcement that David had earned the free spot at the Round Table. Now kneeling on the ground, David stared up at King Arthur, who was making him an official Knight.

"I dub thee Sir David of the Enchanted Forest. Now of the Round Table. I know." David smiled. "Knight of the Round Table is pale fire, indeed, next to the title of prince."

"No. I am beyond honored," David said.

"Then rise, Sir Knight. Take your place."

David rose from the ground and moved toward Percival's previous chair at the table, but when King Arthur cleared his throat and pointed to the Siege Perilous chair, he froze and his eyes widened in shock.

"Really?"

"I never thought I'd find anyone I trust enough to fill that seat. But it's yours. It will bear your coat of arms. Not bad for a shepherd, eh?" The two clasped forearms, David giving him a grateful smile.

"Thank you."

David was hesitant at first, but he eventually sat down in the chair, erupting a loud applause from all those in the room.