10 | nightfall

Chapter 10

~•~

    You covered the speaker in embarrassment, ears red. "I'm so sorry," you blurt out to a amused Jungkook. What was wrong with the man? So serious in one moment, so amused in the next. Jungkook smiled at you... as though nothing had ever happened between you two before... as though you had forgiven him.

   Oh yes. You haven't actually forgiven him. What was he doing? Driving you around like he was your Boyfriend. What were you doing?

"Y/N?" The muffled voice of your Mother came from the covered speaker. You put it off speaker mode and spoke in hushed tones to your Mother.

"Eomma, I... umm..."

"Ahh. Don't worry. I'll leave you two alone. I'll see you again soon! Call me when you're free." Then she hung up on the call.

"I'm sorry," you mutter once again to a smiling Jungkook. "I remember your Mother," he said, turning to smile at you, as though he was not driving on a packed road. "She's the best." You, again, almost forgot that you've not yet forgiven him. You're not sure if you ever will, but you felt pretty guilty that he'd been trying to prove himself to you.

So you let him take you out for dinner, at least.

~•~

    "We're here!" Jungkook chirped as they finally reached their destination. He was really excited. He hadn't seen Y/N for the longest time after he broke up with her almost a year or two back then. He looked at Y/N's hand, and hesitantly reached out to hold it.

    You, distracted, did not notice until his warm hand held yours. Your eyes widened and looked at him. He tugged your hand lightly, signaling that you follow him into the restaurant. "Table for two," he told the waitress. She nodded, then led both of you to a secluded spot at the corner. She then put two menus down. An Italian restaurant? Yum...

    You stared at the pricing of almost everything. Your eyes were as wide as saucers, almost popping out, if that were possible.

    "You can get anything you want," Jungkook said, pulling you out of your thoughts. You smiled at him shyly. You picked the thing that drew your attention the most: Spaghetti Bolognese. The waitress came back and took down his and your orders, smiling sweetly at you and Jungkook.

    When she left, Jungkook took your hand and lightly ran a finger over your knuckles. "Give me a chance. Please. I want to prove myself to you, Y/N." He said, eyes capturing yours. You swallow. "I... okay. I'll give you a chance." Jungkook beamed happily. He wanted to tell the whole world, "Yes! Yes Y/N agreed! Woo!" But of course he didn't do that, but instead tried to contain his excitement.

    The food came. You licked your lips and dug into your spaghetti, Jungkook following soon after.

~•~

    Jungkook brought you to the beach and you two laid on the sand, unmoving, staring at the moon and remembering the last time you did the same thing with him. "Y/N..." he suddenly said. You turned your head to look at him. "Will you ever forgive me for what I have done?" You shrugged, unwilling to answer.

Because you couldn't.

Because you didn't know the answer to that question. That simple, simple, question. You felt like a coward.

Although Jungkook tried to conceal it, you could see the hurt and withdrawal in his beautiful black doe eyes. "It's fine," he told you, looking back at the night sky, eyes swimming with tears. You, of course, couldn't see that, but you hugged his arm. Jungkook glanced at you, an surprised expression on his face.

    "I...I'm sorry, but I... can't answer that question right now," you said to
him, "maybe in time I—I would." "Oh." Jungkook said, and there was a few moments of awkward silence. Then he added, "Thank you." You two walked about the beach, holding hands and playing with the sand.

    Suddenly, Jungkook scooped you up in his arms. "Jungkook!" You shrieked. "Put me down put me down put me down put me downnnnn!" He laughed and swung you about, singing "rock-a-bye baby on the tree top... when the wind blows..." he continued and every time he sang "rock-a-bye", he rocked you and you would hit his shoulder. Or his arm.

    "Jungkoooook!" You screamed as he threw you into the icy seashore water that lapped lazily against the beach sand. You coughed, rising up, cold and drenched. Jungkook laughed, sensing that you were not actually angry. "You'll pay for that," you warned him. He was about to push you into the water again, but this time, You latched onto his arm and pulled him down under the water with you.

    Considering a miracle, since he had such muscular arms.

   This time, you laughed at him.  "You wanna fight?" Jungkook growled playfully, shaking his head as the water droplets from his hair rained on you. The two of you had water fights and all kinds of fights after.

    It was the day where you were comfortable with him after such a long time.

    It was the day you and Jungkook were reminded of the happy times of you and his dates before.