3 | reflections

Chapter 3

~•~

Jungkook watched Y/N being pulled away by a pretty girl with angry blue eyes, unable to move himself, seemingly frozen on the spot. He was quite sure that she was wearing contact lenses. Insanely pretty, perhaps even as pretty Choi Y/N. But to Jungkook, looks were nothing compared to personality.

    You were beautiful at heart, and no one needed to look too close to tell that you and your friend were loyal to each other. As they always said, never judge a book by its cover. Always read its contents first.

    Y/N was reserved and quiet, never mingling with the wrong people. To Jungkook, you were his everything. You were his world. Like you were the light to his dark, hidden and buried world.. the life no one knew about and one he was ashamed to be associated with.

    Jungkook picked up his bag and headed outside. Jimin had been here that morning, calling Jungkook and asking him why he was late for class. He went to the canteen and got a few slices of plain cheese pizza. Then he headed towards the exit.

    He glanced around and spotted Jimin with Y/N and the girl who pulled Y/N away from Jungkook. Jimin was laughing along with them. Jungkook felt a pang of envy. He always wished for Y/N and him to have conversations like that again, for her to be easy, comfortable, happy and relaxed.

    That you and Jungkook would be together forever.

   To see her smiling like last time. Not those somewhat forced smiles she was giving her friend and Jimin. Her eyes betrayed her thoughts, and he knew that she was sad. Deciding against approaching them, he wandered around, finally stopping behind the school. He plugged in his earpieces and pressed the play button to the song "Loser" by Big Bang.

    He certainly felt like one.

He leanned against the school wall and looked out at the school's giant pond. It looked more like a mini lake. The sun's rays reflected on the clear and smooth water surface barely had a ripple on it, the air still, but thoughts buzzed in his head as he stared at the pond but saw further, beyond even the limits of the school.

    Jungkook chewed on his pizza, thinking about many things. He finished them quickly, wiping the crumbs and flakes on his pants. He left the plate on the floor and hummed to the song. "Jungkook?" A voice said. It was Yoongi.

"Hyung?" Jungkook was startled. Yoongi sat down, cross-legged, on the grass and patted the spot beside him. "What are you doing here, Yoongi hyung?" Yoongi shrugged. "What are you doing here?" He countered. Jungkook sat down beside him.

"Well? Don't keep me waiting, dongsaeng." Yoongi prodded. Jungkook clasped his hands together. "Hyung, I... I've made a mistake in the past, but when I try to make things up, she wouldn't listen. If she did, her friend would pull her away."

Jungkook buried his head in his hands. "I'm such a failure..." Yoongi patted his back soothingly. Then paused. "Did you say 'she'? Are you referring to a girl?" He mumbled a quick "yes".

    "Maknae, all I can say is.. seek forgiveness and be sincere about it." "Thanks hyung." "Now I really must get going. Jimin told me that you were late and he had to wait for you.  Try to be earlier next time, okay?"

    Jungkook nodded. Yoongi got up, stretching, and went away, to wherever he was heading to. No one really understood Yoongi, except that although quiet, he was extremely caring towards his 'brothers'.

    Jungkook decided to write to Y/N.

~•~

    You waved at Jimin — Chim — and head to class. Jiyoung left earlier, using the toilet before heading for class. "Y/N." A voice said. Jungkook placed a yellow note in your hands. "Please," he looked down. "Read it..."

Dear Y/N,
    This is Jungkook. I wanted to apologise, to say sorry, to make up as friends and try again. If you'll let me. I wanted to say this earlier, but your friend didn't allow me to. Could you meet up with me after school? 4pm? I'll explain myself then. Please.
Yours,
Jungkook <3