Chapter 20

Two Months Later...

"Guess what Zoey!" Jane said, pulling herself out of the pool.

"What Grandma Jane?" Zoey responded, coloring the paper I gave her.

"Tomorrow is your Mommy's twenty second birthday! She's a June baby!"

"Whoa! She's getting sooo old!" The toddler said, laughing.

"Yep, just like maimeo." Jane replied.

"I am NOT old!" I said. "You're older than I am!"

Jane smirked at me.

"You're only as old as you act." Jane said sticking her tongue out at me.

"Zoey, do you want to do something special for mama?" I asked her.

"Mama says that everyday is special because she has me!"

"That's true, but tomorrow will be extra special."

"Because it is her birfday?" The toddler asked.

"Yes. Grandma Jane and I put a video together for her birthday and we want you to be part of it."

"Okay, what do I gotta do?"

"You just have to look at the camera grandma Jane is holding and talk about how much you love Mama."

"I can do that!" The little girl screamed.

---------------------

I've been staying in my old house with Cailin since I left Rob. Jane and I have been 'dating' these last couple months, but today we're all getting together at Jane's for Emily's birthday and I'm spending the night. Jane and I offered to babysit Zoey so that Emily could go out with her high school boyfriend, Scott Bowman. They went to college together too. He was supposed to be a student in the program I had before I got sick. He was one of the students that helped save my life.

I walked through the front door of Jane's house and found her in the kitchen waiting for the cake to cool so she could spread the icing.

"Is Cailin coming?" Jane asked before bending down to kiss me.

"Yes, she's going to finish editing the video before coming over. Where is everyone?"

"Out back in the pool. You should see Emily with Zo-bug. Did you bring your swimsuit?"

"Yes, I'm wearing it under my shirt and shorts." I said with a smile.

"You know, since you became a grandmother, your wardrobe has changed." Jane said.

"Has it?"

"Yes, you own more casual attire. Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops. It's very sexy."

"Oh." I said, wrapping my arms around Jane's waist. "I'm very glad you like it."

"I love it!" She replied, resting her hands on my backside. "I love you."

"I love you too! I'm going to jump in the pool now, okay?"

"Okay." Jane said with a smile. "You look sexy without makeup, by the way."

"What are you buttering me up for, Rizzoli?" I asked playfully, while taking my clothes off.

Jane watched me strip.

"You know, I'll be taking that blue bikini off of you later." She stated.

"Can't wait!" I said, before slipping out the back door.

"Aunt Maura's here!" TJ yelled as he ran toward me.