Chapter 12

Jane's POV

Ma got on a plane. She was about ready to kill me when she got here to LA, but you know, its worth it.

"Ma, I need your help. In my 48 years of life, I never imagined I'd say that." I said, sitting on Maura's couch.

"Shut up, Jane. I am helpful."

"Ma, I need you to help me get Maura back." I said to her.

Ma gave me a disapproving look.

"No, Jane. This is a bad idea. She's happy now, and you are happy now. Let's not screw that up."

"Ma, please! You are so good at being nosy and you but into other peoples relationships and I love that sometimes!"

"No, Jane." Ma said.

"Ma, please?" I said holding back tears. "I need her back. I'm not happy without her. I miss waking up to her in the morning. I miss her crazy and her Google-mouth tendencies. I miss the way she would smile this huge smile when we went out. I miss the nights we had together, especially after we got married. Ma, I want my wife back. I want her back before she becomes Maura Chaplain. Ma, she's my life. She has been my life since the day I met her. I want her back. Please, help me?"

"Janie, she hurt you so bad. More than once."

"I don't care. I love her, Ma. I love her so much."

Ma sighed.

"What do I have to do?"

I smiled.

"She's in Boston all this week. When she comes back on Sunday, I want to have this house set up to look like some fancy restaurant. Arches leading to the patio out back, strings of lights hanging from them. I also want to string lights around the back yard. Like, throughout the trees, above the pool. I'm going to cook for her, but I might need your help with that. Can you see if you can get her to wear that black dress that hugs her body? That's my favorite one. Do you know which one I'm talking about?"

Ma nodded.

"The one that looks like leather? It looks strapless?"

"It IS a strapless dress, but it's so tight and beautiful. Make sure she has her hair down too. Maybe you can get her to dye her hair again? She isn't Maura without honey blonde hair."

"I will do my best. Wait, Jane? What if the dress is here?"

"It isn't. I've checked. I know exactly where it should be in her closet and it isn't there."

"What am I supposed to tell Vince?"

"Vince?" I said. "Tell him you'll be back on Thursday. That's when I need you to talk to Maura. Get her to dye her hair and wear the dress back home."

"How am I supposed to help you cook then?"

"I need your recipe's...?"

"Fine." Ma sighed.

"Yay! Thanks, Ma. You are the best." I said smiling. "One week!"

"Not much time. Let's get started."

---------------------------

Maura's POV

"I can't believe this week is over already!"

"Technically, it's only Friday. You aren't supposed to leave until Sunday evening at 7." Emily said.

"We are nearing the end of my trip." I said.

"Whoa, mom, Nana just texted me and I can't really make out what it says, but I think she wants us to come over for dinner." Emily said.

"All four of us or just you and I?"