Chapter 11

"Why are you so upset about this, Jane? She's getting married. You should be happy for her, not pissed off!"

"Melissa, Please! Don't give me hell about this today too." I yelled.

"I just want to know why you're so angry about this, that's all-"

"Okay Melissa. Fine! You win! You want to know why I'm so mad?" I walked toward her screaming. "I'm pissed off because I'm in love with her! I am still in love with her! Is that what you wanted to hear?" 

Melissa looked at me sadly.

"No, Jane. That's not what I wanted to hear, but I expected to hear it. I should've known this was too good to be true. We are too much alike. Jane, did you fall for me because I look like her? You know, except less attractive..."

"Melissa, you are beautiful. Very very beautiful, and I have no clue why you are a homicide detective instead of a model. You're right, we are too much alike. I do love you, Mel, but, you're no Maura. Maura is all I have ever wanted and needed in my life."

She stepped toward me and put her hands on my face and pressed our lips together. I deepened the kiss as I wrapped my arms around her body. Minutes passed by and she pulled away from me.

"Go, Jane." She whispered. "Go get Maura back."

I nodded and headed out the door, not before turning to thank her and asked her to pack my things.

"Hey, Ma! I need your help with something. I know you don't like flying, but how soon could you get to Maura's house?"

-----------------

Rob's POV

I stayed up with Maura all night last night, trying to get her to stop crying. I never understood Jane, but she has never been like this toward Maura. 

"I...I d-don't understand. She said sh-she wan-wanted me to be ha-happy, and now I am. After two years, I'm f-finally happy again. I wa-want to b-be happy with my best friend. I n-need my best f-friend to be happy for me." Maura sobbed. "She wont answer her phone. I've tried calling her six times the past hour."

"Okay." I said. "Maura, honey, you need to calm down. If Jane isn't answering her phone, stop calling her." 

Maura shook her head.

"Something could have happened to her, Robert!"

"I doubt it. Look, sweetheart, you've been crying all night long. Now, it's ten o'clock in the morning and you're still crying because she hung up on you?"

"My God, Rob! You don't understand." She said, getting up and yelling for Emily. "We'll be gone for the rest of the day."

What the hell? I'll never understand women.