Chapter 11

-Gabriel-

I draw your curtains closed while watching you rest uneasily in your bed. So tense, so tortured... the word 'haunted' is a faint whisper in my head as I gaze at your chest moving a little quicker than usual. Haunted... I hear it again. The whisper is coming from you... Are you subconsciously reaching out to me? This can't be right. You're only human. You must have some new abilities...

Of course you do... You're not the same anymore!

Flaring my nose in a bit of agitation, I dart my attention up at the clock on the wall to see it's almost 5pm. James should be getting off work and heading home soon. We're going to have dinner at his place at about 7:30. I didn't expect him to so openly invite us over; rather, I thought he would ask if we'd like to go out together. He's a friendly man, but I don't think he's usually this inviting. Great things must be happening in his life lately. He said he renovated his house and wants to show us.

Really though...
As if I care.

I look at you again and quietly walk up next to the bed. Seeing you so vulnerable, lying there with your head turned and your neck exposed, your delicate hands twitching a little bit and then grabbing the blanket tightly, gives me so many ideas. And now I find out, you may possibly be 'sensitive'. Before the realm, you were not cursed with that.

Ohh... How you excite me, baby girl. You tempt me to no end. I could just take what I want from you whenever I please and you couldn't do a damn thing about it... but no.

Not now.

Gently, I trace my finger along your arm. "My little Addison..."

You curl up in a ball and your jaw is clenching tighter than before. Tons of images must be going through your mind. You can't relax or focus on anything. I want to take a peek, but should I?

"Hmh..." I move away from you and go sit in the chair in the corner by your window.

This thirst is sometimes a real pain in the ass to tolerate. Smoking cigarettes dies it down some. Too bad I don't have a carton of them with me right now.

Looking around the room, my eyebrows begin to rise in a bit of wonder. I remember how innocent and easy you were when we met and now thinking of how it's going to be while visiting James, the possibilities of what you'll do turn me on the more I imagine it. You may be fucked up, but that's why it's going to be fun. You'll see what it's like, babe.

This thought brings back the memory of when Jack and I (almost whimsically) talked about 'playing with the bodies' and he showed me exactly how he liked to do it. A new door to another world of pleasure opened for me. That was so long ago, yet it's still so fresh in my mind.

I notice you turn over and open your eyes, and when you look at me, you're instantly all guarded again. You knew I was here... Come on darling, don't be foolish.

"Well, hello there." I smile in a smug way.

You pull the covers up closer to your chin, not pleased at all about my demeanor. "How long were you watching me?"

"The entire time you were out. 3 hours." I answer.

"You just sat there for 3 hours?" Slightly miffed, you sit up and look at your hands, then over at the mirror. "I... I'm completely healed...!" your eyes lower, "Of course I am."

"Don't be so surprised. I have to make sure my baby's ok. Three hours is nothing, either. We're not in the 1800s anymore, sweetheart. I have a phone and a charger. Sadly, you don't have any books worth reading. Psychology study books... really? You could learn that shit from me."