Chapter 6

-Gabriel-

"Well... you got your wish. It seems you're more at peace now that you have what you wanted. Why don't you come to Paris, Gabriel? We could celebrate; live on as we did in the old days. I don't mind Addison's company." Jack telepathically says.

Jack, she isn't well. I have to fix this. I reply as I request for a ride... using your phone. I don't have mine.

"She isn't well?" I hear him laugh. "This is unlike you... How do you intend to 'fix this'?"

I look over at you while you're picking at your nails and pacing the room. I know what you're thinking. You want to run, you're frustrated with me, and you're trying to keep those images from what went on in the realm out of your head. I know. Most of all, I can see you're finally growing a little more backbone. I'd say you're making some progress.

"You don't seem too excited that I'm back in this world."

He was in between dimensions. How did he make it out? What happened to him? Now that he's back, he's going to see I don't have all the same ideas and my urges aren't as they were before he last saw me. This will likely cause some kind of chaos... I have that feeling.

I finish putting in the information for the driver to come pick us up and then give you your phone. "They should be here at about 9." I say as my mind sways back and forth from focusing on what we're doing to my concern about Jack's return.

You take the phone with a small nod and stuff it in your purse. I love how you continue to think this whole thing is ridiculous and 'unbelievable'. That must be your favorite word. I'll show you; it's just like I said before -- you'll learn to enjoy this.

Though I'm apprehensive, I reply to him; I'm surprised that you're back. I was completely stunned. I didn't know what happened to you. Now that I think about it, I don't know how you could show me these different things Addison went through. How did you do that?

"Come to Paris. I will explain everything then."

I can't. I made a promise to Addison and I always keep my promises.

"Gabriel... are you going soft?"

Don't talk to me like that.

I open the door and motion you to go first. What, does it surprise you I have some manners? Please... don't tell me you forgot what time I'm from. Typical, Addison, very typical to assume I'm like that since you saw what I'm capable of.

We go outside, and though Jack is trying to keep a conversation going... for the first time in my life, I'm choosing to keep my replies short and vague.

He's talking about what the catacombs are like. Multiple inhuman things are residing in them. He's seen a few of these creatures, but he can never see them for what they really are; they're always changing. Always morphing. So far, they don't seem to have the desire to attack him. They're watching him all the time.

There are voices and whispers coming from all directions. It sounds like hell with distant screams, cries, and chanting. It's often difficult to know where he is. Sometimes, it seems like he's looped back around to where he started. Sometimes, he hears cars zooming by, honking their horns and skidding their tires, and people walking around above him. All of this reminds him of the realm, but not near as disgusting.

How is he so sure he'll be able to make it out of there?

"Gabriel, don't you care to know how I ended up here like this? What happened to you?"