Chapter 2

I wake to hearing the bath water running. The clock says it's 6:09am and I'm still sitting in the window. I don't see the cigarette I had anywhere around. You must have taken it from me... while I was sleeping. I'm really surprised I didn't wake up when you got out of bed. Normally, the slightest sound wakes me.

I stretch slowly and stand up, looking around with tired eyes. It's been a while since I'd slept as it is. After last night, I should have more energy because of your blood. This is all strange. Maybe I'm just relieved this war we went through is finally over, and my body believes I can relax a little.

Rubbing my neck, I walk over to the door and rest my head against it for a moment, listening to you wash.

The way you splash the water around sounds like you don't want to take any time for yourself. Of course though, glancing back at the calendar on the wall, I see it's Monday. I smirk slightly. How responsible of you. I'd almost forgotten you have a job.

I choose not to listen in anymore. I think I'll leave you alone just to see what you'll do.

Inhaling deeply through my nose in thought, I fold my arms and waltz out of the room.

I remember when I was back at the house with that family, I called the office to tell them I'd be away for a few months. Now that I'm back, I have to make some arrangements. I don't plan on going back to my apartment any time soon.

Come to think of it, I don't really care much for this place anyway. I've enjoyed being surrounded by all these people, but it can be quite taxing on my almost entirely unquenchable thirst for blood. This is something I'll have to give some thought...

The bathroom door opens and I hear your footfalls stop the moment you step outside of the room.

"Gabriel...?"

I walk into the bedroom doorway and lean against the doorjamb. "Yes sweetheart?"

You stare at me, pulling the towel closer around you. Water is dripping from the ends of your hair and down your arms. I can't help remembering last night and it puts a wry smile on my face.

"Don't call me that." You keep your eyes on me as you walk over to your dresser. "And I don't appreciate you smoking in here."

Oh my... You're talking back to me now!

"How are you feeling?" I ask, the smile widening in amusement.

As you're searching for something neat to wear, I assume, you mumble 'I'm fine. I guess.' You grab a black tank top and a blouse, set it on the bed, and then go back to the dresser to get some pants.

"I don't understand. You were all crazy and stuff and now you're being all coy. Last night, we... You practically raped me, because I obviously didn't WANT to have sex with you and you just did it anyway and put me through a lot of pain. How the hell do you think that  makes me feel?"

I unfold my arms and walk up next to you, placing my hand on your shoulder and squeezing gently. You tense a little at my actions and look away almost immediately.

"You're lying to yourself again, kitten..."

"No I'm not!" You shove my hand off and glare at me. "I did what I did to get you to-"

"Stop?"

"Get away from me." You seethe, backing up.

I grab your wrist. "NO!" You jerk within my grasp and I grin wide at you. 

You refuse to look at me. I growl, "LOOK AT ME!" You squeak and flick your eyes up to mine. I read your expression as you tremble with fright.

I speak in a softer tone with an underlying hoarseness; "You're not in pain now, are you?"

"You're an ASSHOLE!" You spit in my face and break free, then kick me in the groin. "AUGH!" I almost fall to my knees, holding my crotch in pain. Trying to keep the towel on, you hurry to one of your nightstands and grab a handgun out of it.

"If I could count all the TIMES I've been kicked here- Fuck! You think that thing'll do anything?! YOU ALWAYS RUN!" I bark.

You point it at me, "I don't want you here! You're dangerous and out of your mind!"

I slowly straighten my posture, "Save your bullets Addison! We don't need any unwanted attention from these busy bodies around us."

Your mouth falls open, eyes growing massive as you see mist crawling across the floor from my feet toward you.

"Gabriel, no!" you start backing up again.

I swirl it around your body and down your arm. You try to throw me off and I knock the gun out of your hand.

You gasp again and look at my glaring, disapproving face.

"I will make you stronger, Addison. My way of doing it isn't going to be soft or lovingly. I can't promise sunshine and rainbows, or any of that romantic shit you watch on television... but I do promise I'll make you stronger. I could never have you losing your mind, mutilating yourself, or allow someone to take you away from me again. You said you couldn't handle another hospital, and that's exactly what would happen if you did something stupid like the things I mentioned. Shooting me will only cause problems for the rest of your life."

You never move. You're frozen there.

"Don't continue to lie to yourself! Be true to yourself. Last night? You submitted to me. Remember how you moaned when I did exactly as you dreamed about? You were lost in another world. Remember falling asleep in my arms as I pushed away all the bad thoughts and healed you? You were so peaceful then. You're just lashing out at me because you're afraid."

"Shut up! I'm not afraid of you. Not anymore!"

"No." I shake my head, "You're afraid of yourself." I walk up and take the gun, toss it across the room and grab your shoulders, "That's just fine though. You've always been that way. I know."

You look into both of my eyes and start to sniffle.
"Stop doing this to me. Stop getting inside my head! How can I do anything with him here in my life like this!" You think to yourself. "No matter where I go, where I turn, ever since I got here... it's like god hates me. I'm being punished for something I'm unaware of. I just wish NONE of this happened to me. I wish I could go back to before I moved here! I don't WANT to believe I'm scared of myself!"

You burst into tears, dropping your head, "Can you just leave me alone? I have- I have to go to work, ok?!" You throw my hands off and grab your clothes off the bed. "GET OUT!"

"No. You're not going to work!"

"Excuse me?!"

"Not under your current circumstance! I made you a fucking promise and that is something I intend to keep!"

"How the hell do you expect me to feed myself and pay the bills if I don't have a job?"

I slap my forehead, "Addison... You know, I'm being extremely kind to you right now. Do you think it's wise to go out and deal with the public after what just happened? This is not very realistic. I understand, I'm not realistic with how I've been toward you, but I DO know that going out there and trying to function like nothing happened is completely unreal and stupid."

Your eye twitches. "I'll lose my job. I can't lose that."

"I have money. I will take care of you. Job, no job -- you can always get another if this one doesn't work out. Get it? Now put your clothes on. We're going to breakfast." I snap my fingers twice as I make a quick exit out of the room and shut the door. "Your stomach is growling and you need to eat."

"I can't believe you. I really can't!" I hear you shuffle around in there. "If we're going to breakfast, I'M PICKING WHERE WE'RE GOING!"

"DEAL!" I shout back.

"Kitten..." (BOOK 3 of The Mr. Gabriel Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें