Chapter 17

Two days later

"You got all your stuff?" Ethan asked.

"Yep, I'm ready to go." Danielle replied.

They both exited the hospital room and Danielle found the social worker lady standing outside waiting for her.

"Hello Danielle, looking better I see."

"Yeah very."

"Here are all the documents and I have copies in case."

"Thank you very much."

"Here's my card just in case."

"Thank you."

"Enjoy your life."

Danielle smiled as she walked out of the hospital for the first time in almost two weeks. Andy and Maddison were standing by Ethan's car with balloons.

"Danielle I missed you!" Maddison yelled as she hugged Danielle tightly.

"Maddison we go through this every single time."

"I know but this time I really missed you. I don't know what I'd do without my best friend around."

"Same here."

"No hug for me?" Andy pouted.

"Of course you get a hug, she's the best friend but you're the bestie."

They both laughed and Danielle gave Andy a big hug.

"I missed you." She added.

"How you feeling?"

"Great."

"You look so much happier."

"Well I feel happier."

"Good for you."

"So I'm guessing you all read the journal?"

"Yeah." Andy replied. "But it's all behind us now. We got your stuff set up at Maddison's house and tonight we're all sleeping over."

"You always know how to cheer me up."

Danielle gave Andy another hug and Maddison split them up.

"Hey! Enough hugging my man."

"Your man?" Danielle questioned. "What happened to he's like a brother to me?"

"Well I'm her man now." Andy said.

Maddison squished his cheeks and kissed Andy for a second.

"I don't think I can get used to both my best friends dating."

"The best relationships start off as friendship. Plus, says the one who's dating an annoying clown."

"Don't come at my clown, he may be annoying but he's all mine." Danielle said wrapping her arms around Ethan's waist and passionately kissing him.

"Bleh. Can we go now?"

Danielle pulled back from her kiss and Ethan smiled at her warmly.

"Come on."

Ethan put her bag in the trunk and as he opened the passenger door she slightly tripped and Ethan caught her. She looked in his warm green eyes and it seemed like she was looking into them for the first time at the café. This time when he pulled her up she didn't run away. Instead she hugged him and whispered in his ear "I'm glad we're finally together."