Chapter 1

She fell to the ground as her mother shoved her. She then began pounding on her head and holding on tight to her wrist so she couldn't protect herself. Then she started kicking her in the stomach. All she could register was the agonizing pain, the faint yelling of her mother and the cold salty tears falling down her cheek. That's all she felt when she was at home, pain. It all started when her dad died. Her mom lost it, she started drinking and always found time to yell and scream at her brother and her. Mostly her though, Logan got away from the house as much as possible.

"Who do you think you are? Get back here!"

She ran to her bedroom and locked the door. Her mom kept yelling at the top of her lungs but she ignored it. She was used to it. She lifted her shirt and looked in the mirror. There were bruises all over her hip. She let go of her shirt and stood in front of the mirror looking at her medium wavy raven black hair and blue eyes. She sighed and sat down in her chair. She pulled out a book from the book shelf and grabbed a pen and began to write.

"Dear Diary, She lost it again. I think she just takes her anger out on me because I remind her of dad so much. It's been four years. I still can't believe he's gone, none of us can. This PTSD is killing me, I hate it and moms not paying for any treatment and I keep having these flashbacks. Ugh. Logan's not home again. He's only thirteen and is practically living on the streets to get away from mom. Why does she hate me the most? She's always yelled at me, now she just beats me. I can't take this anymore. I hate her. I hate my life. I want dad. I want to be with him."

She closed her diary and grabbed some tissue's and wiped her tears. Her mother seemed like the nicest and sweetest person in L.A, at least around others, but behind closed doors she was a monster. "I guess that's where I get it from" Danielle thought. She always faked a smile to her friends at school but at home was a completely different person.

"Knock knock"

Danielle looked over to her window and saw her brother knocking on the glass. She got up and opened the window.

"What are you doing Logan?'

"I heard mom screaming, I didn't want to come in through the front."

"Where were you?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Logan please be more careful, you know I care about you."

"I get it."

Danielle hugged her little brother but turned pale instantly when she heard keys and the door knob turn. Her mother looked furious and drunk. She walked into the room and Logan hid behind Danielle.

"You little- ugh don't you ever disrespect me again."

Danielle's mother slapped her across the face causing her nose to bleed. She then grabbed Logan's arm and was dragging him out of the room.

"You're coming with me."

She dragged Logan out of the room and locked Danielle in her room. Danielle could hear noise of kitchen utensils falling. Then she heard a door slam. She jumped onto her bed and covered her ears with a pillow.