Chapter 7

"Finally spring break!" Maddison shouted as they walked out the building.

"I'm so done with school, can't wait to hit the beaches." Andy replied.

"Can't wait for the parties." Danielle said enthusiastically.

"Tomorrow will be awesome."

"I'm gonna go you guys. I'll see you at that bonfire party." Allison said dryly.

"See you." Andy replied.

"Hey Maddison can I sleep over your house today?" Danielle asked.

"Sure."

"I'm just gonna get my clothes."

"What's wrong with your house?" Andy asked curiously.

"Nothing. I just want to start off spring break in a fun way rather than at my house with nothing to do."

"I'll see you later than?" Maddison interrupted.

"Yeah sure. Bye guys."

Danielle waved to her friends and started walking home. The sun was just starting to go down as she quickly entered her house. Her mother was in her room and she quickly tiptoed into Logan's room. He was lying on his bed faced up playing with a mini basketball.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"I'm sleeping over a friend's house tonight and I have plans for spring break and I suggest you make some too."

"It's okay, the worse she could do is yell at me."

"Fine, but promise me if anything, anything at all you'll call me no matter what time."

"I promise."

"Be safe."

Logan smiled at her and she gave him a quick kiss on the forehead. As Danielle walked out of Logan's room she noticed a picture on the two of them with their father. She smiled and looked back at Logan and saw him as a baby walking around in a diaper in his newly painted room. She then walked into her room which was a complete mess. She threw he book bag on the ground and grabbed another bag from her closet and filled it with clothes she'd need at least until the beach bonfire party. She walked out of her room to find her mother standing at her door.

"Where do you think you're going?"

She stank of beer and looked a complete mess. She worried for Logan but at least his door was closed.

"To a sleepover."

"A sleepover? You have a bed right there."

"I'm just going to hang out with some friends."

"Friends? Who would possibly want to be your friend?"

"Could you stop trying to put my self-esteem down for once? Just once could you care for me? If not, then just leave me alone."

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Her mother forcefully grabbed her arms. "How can I love someone who caused the death of the love of my life?"

"It wasn't my fault!"

Her mother slapped her across the face in rage and started to cry.

"You killed him and you're not even sorry. It's your fault your fathers dead!"

"Maybe if you weren't such a terrible wife he would've spent his last few minutes with you instead!"

"Get out of this house you ungrateful, selfish garbage! Now I could definitely careless if you were dead or not! Go join your selfish father in hell while you're at it!"

Danielle stormed out of the house slamming the front door behind her. Her head was throbbing and she was crying uncontrollably. She couldn't keep balance while walking and fell to her knees after walking almost two blocks. It was dark and quiet, no one was around to hear or see her. She covered her face with her hands for a second and when she looked up she was in a white room and her father was in a hospital bed as white as his pillow.

"Why isn't mom here?" She finally said.

"Because I want to tell you something and I don't want her to be here."

"What is it?"

"No matter what, after today you have to promise me that you'll take care of your brother and never let the fights between you and your mother bring you down. Promise you won't give in to anything she says after today."

"I promise."

"None of this is your fault okay?"

"I love you dad."

"I love you too Danielle."

"Danielle!"

He vision was suddenly shattered as she looked up to see Andy standing over her. He helped her up and she wiped her tears.

"Are you okay?"

She couldn't resist. She gave him a unexpected hug and he hugged her back.

"I'm sorry."

"What's wrong?"

"I can't tell him" She thought. "No, not now."

"I just had an argument with my mom, then I started thinking about my dad and I just broke down."

"It's okay. Want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

"Well you can't make a rainbow without a little rain."

"Yeah I guess. What are you doing here anyways?"

"I was at my cousin's house, just walking home."

"Would you mind walking me to Maddison's house?"

"Not at all."

"Thanks."

"If you ever need anything I'll be there for you."

"Thanks." Danielle said with a shy smile.

Andy walked her to Maddison's house trying to cheer her up but she didn't pay too much attention. She really needed to lie down and sleep.

"Well here you are safe and sound."

"Thanks again Andy."

"No problem."

Andy smiled at her and turned to walk away, she felt like she just put a puppy to sleep.

"Andy wait!"

He turned around surprised and Danielle surprised him with a tight meaningful hug. When she let go she then shyly pecked him on the cheek.

"Thanks for caring."

"My pleasure."

He smiled even brighter and meaningful this time before turning and walking away. When Danielle turned to walk up to Maddison's front door she spotted her peeking out the window fangirling.