The sound of his humming was what I heard. It was like my non-existed heart started to beat again. I love you. His last words to me echoed around the emptiness. 

I love you too!

I wanted to shout back. 

I knew that the words weren't happening now. They were a reminder. A reminder of something I tried so hard to forget. And then I heard his cries. I heard his screams of agony as he realized I was gone. It was like I felt the pain too. My mind. My head felt like it was set on fire. 

The spot of heat in my phantom felt so real. I clutched it closer. It was exactly where my head should be. I had to fight the darkness. The emptiness. It felt like I was burning. Th heat was so real it was hard to believe that I was imagining it. 

I felt the pulse behind the fire raging now in my chest and realized that I was close to finding my heart again. The pain was unbearable. I wanted to claw my chest open and rip the heart from it. Anything to stop this torture. But I couldn't feel my arms. I couldn't move my body. 

I was screaming. At least it felt like I was. But it all happened in my head. Inside of me. I wanted to beg. I wanted to shout for someone to kill me. But I knew that no one could see me. No one could hear me. I felt as though my body was thrashing around.

I wanted The Moon Goddess to hear. I wanted her to feel every inch of my pain. I wanted her to free me. I needed her to stop this torture. 

"You made your choice" Her magical voice broke me from my trance as I tried to understand what was happening to me. It could have been seconds or days, weeks or years, but eventually, time came to mean something again. 

It was almost like I could move again. Just in my head. Not in reality. My eyes felt like they were opened after years of sleeping. I tried to look around. I was moving. Yet I knew I wasn't. This was only an illusion. But I would take it for as long as it lasted. There was nothing. Only darkness. But inside the darkness there was light. Something shining. Something magical. It was her. 

"I chose to save him" I answered. It was a relief to talk again. To hear my voice once more. 

"I will never regret saving him" My voice drifted through the darkness. 

"You knew the consequences didn't you?" Her voice was almost like a lullaby. It enchanted you to sleep. To fall back into the darkness. But I fought it. 

"Yes," I pursed my lips. 

"Yet you chose to sacrifice yourself. Your child..." Her voice sent daggers into my heart. Even though it was nothing but a soft caress against the wind. 

"I love him" My voice was nearly above a whisper. The bright light was blinding my vision as she moved towards me. I could make out a silhouette. Golden skin that seemed to shine. Her eyes seemed to be a pool of endless abyss. Pulling everyone into its depths. I couldn't make out her face. Her fingers moved to caress my face as I felt a sudden light of energy.

"You marked him" Her gentle voice carried. I closed my eyes at the reminder. 

"It could kill him," She said. At her word's I found myself falling on my knees yet my knees never touched the ground. It was like we were surrounded by air. My head hangs low as for the first time in my life I beg for mercy. 

"Please forgive me for my sins. Do not punish him because of my mistakes. Punish me! Let him be. Let him be happy! I can't stand the thought of him in pain" I cried in misery. I felt pathetic but I did not care. I had nothing to lose. Nothing but him. I knew him too good. He would get himself killed. And at the thought of him ending up in this horrifying emptiness, my body burned. 

"He deserves a life. A happy one. A life where he can have a mate that loves him just as much as he does. A mate that is ready to make him happy. A mate who will gift him, children-" I choked on a sob as the words left my mouth. 

"Your courage and self-sacrifice never stops to surprise me," Her gentle voice said. 

"The boy is not letting you go. He is holding onto you for dear life. That's the reason why you cannot find your peace" She explained as her eyes glanced at me. 

"Then make him forget. Erase my memory. Gift him another mate. Let him be happy" I said the words as they burned me from inside. My whole body shook with tremors. 

"Stand up my child" Her silky voice commanded as her crystal hands brought me to stand again. Her eyes seemed to look for something. And once she found what she wanted a small nod escaped her. 

"Imagine you could have two things from the past and one thing from the future that you could change. Only one thing. Choose wisely" She said. 

"You could change the murder of your pack," She said. The blackness turned into red pulls of clouds as I found myself standing in a familiar territory. The scenario played in front of me as I saw myself laughing over the corpses of my dead pack members. I had to look away. 

"Change Ace's fate," She said as my head jerked up. The scene playing in front of me was something that yet did not happen. Something that would happen in the future. I saw Ace's face. His young and handsome face twisted into a permanent grimace. His beautiful body covered in scars and wounds. And his enchanting smile forever gone. He stood next to a pile of dead wolves. His eyes dead. Expression soulless. Dave's heart in his arms. I saw him light a fire as he let the bodies burn. And then without a single moment of doubt, he threw his own body into the flames. 

My scream of horror sounded painful to my own ears. My eyes watered as I stared at her. 

"Or stop your curse. In that case, you would have a different fate. Far from Ace. You would start from the beginning. You would go back to your fifteen-year-old self. And live your life again. Without any memory of your past" She said. My eyes widened at her words. For one this would be the best option. Ace would be happy and so would I. But we would be separated. 

"Would Ace have another mate?" I asked. She shook her head. 

"I cannot change two lives. Only one. Ace wouldn't be born. But you would have no memory of him" Her words left me speechless. I shook my head. I would rather stay dead. I could not imagine a world without him. And seeing him die would be the most agonizing thing in the world. 

"What do you choose? Choose the right thing and you shall be gifted" He voice left me no time to think. I didn't have to think to answer. 

"I choose to save Ace. I would change his fate" I stated confidently. A ghost smile was visible on her lips. 

"Once again you chose to sacrifice yourself," She said as I held my head up. 

"I will always choose to save him," I said fiercely. 

"Your blood is the cure for everything. Drops of your blood and a kiss on the night of your eighteenth birthday shall gift you both with immortality" Her voice trailed making my eyes go wide. What was she talking about?

"The soulless beauty had been punished" She quoted her own words of the curse as I felt myself slipping into the agonizing pain once again. 

"You have time untill you turn eighteen" Her words were the last thing I heard before I felt the pain spread through my body. For now I knew I gained my body back.