Chapter 71

Charlie was painfully pushed off me.
Ace was holding him by his collor. His face was livid.

"Ace, please calm down" I exclaimed desperately. I didn't know what was wrong with Charlie, nor did I know what has gotten into him, but I surely wasn't gonna let him be killed.

Ace payed no attention to my words he only but growled angrily. I closed my eyes afraid of what's gonna come.

"I told you too stay goddamn away from her" malice laced his voice. His voice was void of any kindness or understanding. I knew deep down that he was beraly containing himself from shifting.

What? He had asked Charlie to stay away from me?. When has this happened?

"She is my best friend. She was my best friend before you showed up. I was always there for her, I helped her stay alive when you left her! I took care of her when she was on the verge of loosing her sanity. I was the one who saved her!" Charlie growled in anger.

"She is my mate" Ace growled making me flinch. His eyes had turned black.

"If you gave her more time. If only you were gone for a little longer she would have been mine!" Charlie exclaimed making me gasp.

I couldn't believe my ears. How could Charlie, the boy who was my best friend my brother say this? How could the person whom I trusted the most even think about this.

In a blink of an eye Charlie was on the ground with Ace on top of him. Ace's cannies were out and ready to bite.

"Ace stop!" I screamed out pushing him off Charlie. Ace didn't budge instead he snatched his arm away from my hold and punched Charlie with such strength that he had his face bloodied in a matter of a second.

Charlie growled out in anger. He pushed Ace off him and stood up.

"You do not deserve her!" He spat the blood.

"You will never deserve her" He chuckled. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Please stop! Both of you!" I exclaimed in pure anger.

"Oh yeah? And you do?"

"I told you to stay away from my mate. To never even think about touching her, but you didn't listen. You knew there would be consequences " Ace was quick to growl.

I shook my head as black dots stared appearing.

"Val stop stressing yourself..please." Scar spoke.

"How am I supposed to not stress myself Scar? Don't you see what's happening?" I shot back.

"You knew this day would come sooner or later. This situation couldn't be avoided Val and you know it. We and Charlie share a bond so strong that is has always worried Razor and Ace. Charlie is in love with us and he knows he is wrong. We have a mate."

"Val you know they will fight with or without you here. So just let it be" She ordered.

I closed my eyes as I tried to calm down. They would kill each other.

"I am not afraid of you" was what Charlie said before he punched Ace. My eyes widened as his fist connected with my mates face. I whimpered as I felt my face burn in pain. I saw droplets of blood coming from my nose. I knew the pain I felt wasn't comparable to the pain Ace did.

My headache seemed to get stronger causing Scar to whimper for some reason.

"Charlie what is fucking wrong with you? Stop!" I growled in anger. He knew it was an order.

He clenched his jaw still not looking at me. I looked at Ace instead, who was on the verge of shifting.

Ace groaned in anger not being able to restrict himself. In a matter of a second my mate had shifted into his beautiful black wolf. This was the first time I was seeing Razor.

I had no time to react when Charlie shifted too. The dark brown wolf stood in front of me. Peter.

The two wolves tackled each other both fighting for dominance. I wanted to shift but I knew I couldn't. It was too dangerous. I panicked.

"Stop right now!"

I didn't want to get inside their heads and order them. I had to do something else. I could see the guilty look in their eyes but they still paid no attention to my words.

Razor had Peter down within a second. His teeth were close to his neck ready to strike his neck any second now. I had to do something!

I jumped between them as Razor was about to end my best friend.

"Step away Raz-" I ordered when a sudden wave of pain went through me. My head spinned and I saw the whole forest move clock wize. I closed my eyes for a mere second thinking I am falling asleep.

I dropped on my knees as I felt agonizing pain spread through my whole body. I clenched my teeth in order to contain myself from screaming. This pain wasn't like the ones I had because of staying away from Ace. This was different.

Ace shifted back. In a blink of an eye he dropped on his knees next to me. I looked into his eyes.

"What's wrong?"  He panicked.

Charlie also ran to my side causing Ace to growl and close my eyes tightly.

"Step away you bastard!" He growled angrily.

It became harder and harder for me to breath. What the hell was happening to me?

Ace removed his hands from my eyes and looked into them.

"Your gonna be fine love" He assured caressing my face gently.

"Please stop" I managed to gasp.

"Stop what?"  Charlie asked from behind me.

"Don't fight" was what I said before sleep took me into its embrace.

_--_--_--_--_--_--_

"Her body is just too weak" I heard a rough voice explain. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Why?" Ace asked the doctor.

"She has been hospitalized for several reasons Sir. She had a drug addiction which weakaned her body and her immune system. And even tho she is a werewolf it cannot be healed easily. Her body has experienced too much pain, plus the side effects of her addition. Her body got used to the drugs and her not using it is causing internal damage. That is one of the important reasons why she's so weak." 

"Then what are the other's?"

"That I do not understand. Something is clearly wrong with her, but it's no sickness Sir. I don't understand what can it be." The doctor explained.

"What do you mean you do not understand?  You are a doctor that is your job!" Ace voiced in anger.

I decided it was my time to make my presence known. And save the doctor from Ace's wrath.

"Val How do you feel?" Ace jumped up as he saw me. I looked into his face. It was still bloodied and bruised. I hated seeing him like this.

"Much better" I answered.

"Can we please go?" I asked him as I took a look at the hospital room. Ace looked at me hesitantly.

"I do not think it's the best idea. Maybe you-you should stay here." He murmured.

"No I don't want to stay here Ace, I'm not sick" I answered back.

He looked at the doctor who nodded curtly.

"Thanks" Ace flashed a small forced smile to the doctor and picked me up.

"I can walk" I said.

Ace said nothing. He just carried me back.