Chapter 72

"Ace why don't you relax for a while?" I suggested. He had been pacing around the room for twenty minutes straight. I knew the incident with Charlie was bothering him. It was bothering me too. 

"I don't want to" He answered coldly. I knew how much this meant to him. But I didn't know what happened either. Charlie has never ever shown anything of the sort. I was just as shocked as he was.

"Ace" I muttered after a minute of silence. He stopped and looked at me.
"What did you mean when you said, that you asked Charlie to stay away from me?"

His eyes darkened at the mention of his name and I felt unexplainable desire to rip Charlie's head off. I wanted to tear him to shreds for even having this kind out thoughs about my mate. My eyes widened as I felt calm again.

Was this what I thought it was? Was I really feeling Ace's emotions?.

"I told him to stay away from you" Ace confirmed.

"But why? Why would you tell my best friend to stay away from me" I voiced.

"Because I knew how he felt."

"What? How did you know?"  I asked in disbelief.

"Valentina everyone else knew but you. Even a blind man could see the way he lookes at you!" He growled, by now I was on my feet.

"I can't believe this Ace!  He has never shown anything like this before!"  I said holding his hand.

He shook his head and snatched his hand away. 

"I'm tiered of all this secrets" He muttered.

"What secrets are you even talking about?"  I exclaimed in anger.

"You know Valentina! I don't know half of your story and I never will!"  He snapped at me.

"Ace"

"Why are we talking about this now?  Do you really think it's the right time to talk about this?"  I argued back causing my head to hurt even more.

"Yes, I think we should talk about th-" He stopped when he noticed the expression on my face.

"You know what? Just rest for now" He dismissed me. How dare he dissmis me just like that?

"You do not just tell me what to do!" I exclaimed in anger.

"I have the right too!"

"No you don't!" I shot back when I lost my balance. Luckily he was quick enough to catch me.

"You need to rest Val."  He murmured placing me down on the bead. I growled in anger, but did not argue back. We would have this conversation when I was better and was ready.

I nodded solemnly and lay comfortably. I closed my eyes when I heard the door burst open. I jumped up thinking it was Charlie, but instead it was Sasha.

"Val" Her voice broke.

"Something happened" she murmured handing me the phone from her trembling hand.

"Hello?" 

"Alpha! It's an emergency!" I heard my gamma Ashton say in fear.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"There was an attack on the pack. We lost three wolves. There was a letter that we found" His voice trembled.

My blood ran cold.

"What letter" I growled.

"It said 'you thought you've won? Well think again Cursed Alpha, because we are coming." Ashton quoted.

I closed my eyes and tightened my hold on the phone causing a small crack to appear.

"Alpha?" Ashton questioned nervously.

I have completely forgotten about my pack. I have forgotten about my duties. I have become a someone else. Someone softer. And I am not someone else. I am the Cursed Alpha.

"Prepare the pack Ashton, we're coming"