A Bitter Sweet Revenge

Landon's P.O.V

8th January, 2013

I met Royce's boyfriend yesterday at the luncheon party. He works at Traum Tech as a software engineer. I didn't know how to react but I decided to be happy for him at that moment. My brother was unusual. I respected him for what he was and I was sure that maybe mom and dad would be happy too.

Today was mom and dad's anniversary. Every elite family in the New York City was going to be under one roof. To be honest, I felt uncomfortable with all the disingenuous people. So I often escaped these parties with the help of beautiful girls. This event was somehow different. Last night dad said that today he is about to make a special announcement. I was curious about this announcement, tonight might be an exception to all the other nights.
*****

When I look at my reflection in the mirror, it almost confuses me. Whether I should be disgusted or happy about myself?

"Be happy Of course." Mom says while ruffling my hair. "Your not as bad as you think you are."

"Do you really feel that I'm not bad?" I choke on my own words.

"Yes." She says with a smile that could comfort any distressed child.

"I don't think I agree." Skylar opposes.

"Baby don't you remember what you did?" She raises her hand to touch me but I prevent her to do so.

"Landon why did you do this to me?" Paige comes forward with a look of betrayal walking along with her fragile and bruised body.

"I-I-I." I loosen my tie, suddenly feeling breathless.

"Landon!" I turn to dad's voice.

"Is everything alright son?" He comes towards me with a concerned look.

"Dad I-I." I stuttered.

"It's alright son." He hugs me and then suddenly I feel pain shoot up my whole body. I stumble backwards when I see a bloodied knife in dad's hands.

"Why?" I ask with my one hand preventing the wounded part from bleeding.

"No one will suffer for your sins but you son." I look around at all the faces. Some are pitiful, some are evil, some are hateful. I spit blood on the either side.

"Is it a dream?" I cry while closing my eyes.

I abruptly get up while pushing the bed sheets away. I touch the tears on my skin. "It was a dream." I sigh in relief. "But why did it feel so real." I touch the part where I was stabbed. I shake all the thoughts away. It was definitely a dream. I'm just overthinking.  Dreams are just an illusion.

*****

"Are you alright." Royce says while interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah." I reply absent minded.

"Don't worry it'll be over in no time." He refers to the party and pats my back. "I gotta go. Dad's calling for me."

"Hey handsome." Aria places her hands on my biceps. "Why so stressed?" She asks while coming awfully close to my liking. I felt powerless with my negative thoughts. "I'm just not well." I say while holding my head. "If you want we can leave this party immediately." She whispers seductively in my ear.