Americas Most Wanted

Riley's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep all night. Today's day is the most important day of my life I can't let Cole or anyone ruin it. Not even me.

"Good morning mom." I get down the stairs clumsily in my PJ's and sit on the sofa where my dad's eyes are glued to the television.

"Did you see the news headlines today sweetie?" Mom asks from the kitchen. Why would I see the news headlines? It's not like it's more important than my graduation.

"Nope." I said with a popping 'p'. "What's up with that anyways?" It's sort of unlikely of mom to ask me whether I saw the news headlines because she very well knows that I find politics boring.

"There is a criminal on lease. The police is not disclosing to the media his identity but his picture has gone viral. It appears that he is Americas most wanted criminal." I listen to him just for the sake of listening. Who cares about that criminal. It's my graduation damn it! "Riley? Are you listening to me? It's important you need to be careful alright?" He looks at me with a rather annoyed look. I certainly made him angry.

"Yeah, I will take care. Anyways you're coming at the ceremony?" It was more of a question. Because of his busy schedule he misses the most important events of my life.

"I will try to come. It depends on what time my meeting gets over." It was nothing new. It certainly made me upset of how he wouldn't be there but it was no point of arguing with him about it. Without uttering a word I rushed upstairs to change. I did hear him calling my name but let's just say I wanna block everything for a moment that makes me sad.

*****

"Go get a room you two!" Quinn and Tyler sitting on the hood of the car and making out.

"What's the rush sis? It's not like you're being crowned as the queen of River dell." He said while turning towards me and then making out with Quinn again.

"Babe lets stop. We have plenty of time when I come back." Quinn pushed my jerk of a brother off her and got on the driver seat.

"FYI, I'm already crowned as the queen of River dell but guess what next time if your caught by mom or dad making out in the car with my best friend. I suppose nobody will be able to save you not even me." I smirk in victory as I see his mouth open wide and his eyes bulging out of their sockets. I pat his head and sit in car. Before getting into the car I give my signature wink to Tyler which knocks some senses into him and Quinn and I struggle to control our laugh.

"He's the elder one and you seem to bully him." Quinn says while controlling her laughter.

"He's the innocent one and I'm the cunning one." She laughs again at my response. Quinn is a kind of friend who does not take everything in offence. For her sisters before misters but for Heather it was always misters before sisters.

*****

I looked around for Cole. I just wanted to see him once just once and see his perfect smile and everything will be okay.

"It's Cole isn't it?" Quinn raised her brows while I stand in attention as if caught red handed while doing something wrong.

"Maybe." I replied unsure whether I really want to see him.