Unaffordable Luxuries

Landon's P.O.V

"I understand." She said. "I understand because sometimes I feel that dad doesn't have time for witnessing my success."

"Is it? Why don't you tell me about yourself." I turn to face her. She widens her eyes in surprise. "Or maybe not. I guess you don't trust me after all."

"That's true that I don't trust you yet." She forces on the word 'yet'.

"I don't blame you though. I haven't quite made that impression." I chuckle.

"Maybe." She smiles.

"You're beautiful." I blurt out. Here I go again, destroying everything.

"Thanks." She says.

"Do you by any chance have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"No and I don't plan to have one either." She says.

"Why? Did something happen?" I ask with concern not that I was desperate or anything.

"No. I just don't want to that's it." She said hesitantly. I felt like she was lying. Maybe because she didn't like it that's why. So I didn't question her any further.

"If you look around you might find someone who is handsome and good looking." I grin.

"Oh will I?" She raises her brows. "Are you flirting with me right now?" She asks bluntly.

"No! I wouldn't dare." I smile playfully.

"Look there you go." She laughs. At last I did something good. She laughed. That was my prize.

"Do you think you can ever trust me?" I asked when the laughter died down.

"That's hypothetical. I wouldn't know." She said. "But." She paused. "You aren't that bad." She smiles. I was happy that she didn't hate everything about me maybe something about me was likeable.

*****

I left Riley and went to meet Leo. We had our own worries. I headed down but stopped in the middle when I heard Leo and Jamie arguing. It is nothing but my presence that makes Jamie angry all the time.

"Tell me? Are you gonna risk our life for that selfish son of a b*tch!" Jamie shouts. It did make me angry but again I tried to calm myself down well he is right, I'm selfish.

"Look Jamie, I know what he did was bad but don't you think he is paying enough?" Leo says calmly.

"Enough?!" Jamie laughs. "Enough for him isn't enough. These are just mere empty words." Jamie says bitterly.

"That's too harsh." Leo says while defending me.

"Keep your kindness to yourself." Jamie says. "Just because he never did anything bad to that's why you don't have any bitter feelings towards him but don't you dare expect the same from me. You got that?" He says accusingly to Leo.

"I never expected anything from you from the start. I just wanted you to live your life just the way you wanted just ignore his existence and about me helping him. I'm just paying my debt. He helped me when I got scammed by Brian and Zach almost killed me. Do you know that? How would you know you weren't even working with Zach that time?" Leo says.

"You think he saying the truth about not murdering his brother?" Jamie asks.

"I don't think he is lying either." Leo says diplomatically.

"So you don't trust his words after all." I could feel Jamie smirking.

"I know he loved his brother a lot and I know he wouldn't lie something about that and if he escaped from juvenile like he says then somebody must've helped him. There is someone who is helping him do this. I don't know who it is but there is someone." Leo says.