Red Velvet Dreams

Riley's P.O.V

"Where is Ryder?" Zach the jerk face has been asking this question from 6 hours and trust me there hasn't been a different answer. The room is dull and there is only a chair and a table where he is sitting and as for me, I'm sitting on the floor tied up. There are two ways that I could die here. One, due to starvation and two, if there is no escape.

"Aren't you tired of asking the same question?" I sat in Indian style to avoid the pain in my back due to the discomfort.

"Not until you're tired of telling me the same answer." His eyes we're glued to the screen of his mobile phone.

"It's a waste of time." I mumbled under my breath.

"Then why don't you tell me the truth." He keeps his phone aside and we make an eye contact.

"I am telling the truth but you won't believe me." I fold my arms and lay my head backwards.

"Guess there is only one way to find out whether you're telling the truth or not." He says before storming out of the room. He did leave me with plenty thoughts which I wouldn't say were positive.

*****

Landon's P.O.V

When I came back to the hideout, I couldn't find Riley anywhere. I can't say if it was a stupid or daring move. I had to find her. I couldn't leave her to die. Two things were clear, either she is lost or she is kidnapped. She couldn't have possibly gone too far if she was lost but if she is kidnapped then I know where she might be.

"Hello?"

"Sarah?"

"Landon. Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"I'll explain everything but not now. I need your help."

"What kind of help?"

"I need you get to Zachary. He has kidnapped my friend."

"But Landon---"

"Please Sarah only you can help me."

"Okay. Meet me at St. Stephens Green."

Sarah Hartley is one of my closest friends who knows my real identity and why ended like how I am today. We never shared an intimate relationship. It was a pure friendship with full transparency. She is also Zachary's ex girlfriend. We first met when I was working for Zachary. She is the only one whom I could ask for help without a doubt.

*****

"Why this place?" I asked from behind. Before I could say anything else she pulled me into a hug.

"I thought I'd never see you again." She half whispered in my ears.

"But I knew I would see you." I pulled back composing myself. After staying in juvenile I learnt to be strong from within. I never let my emotions overpower me.

"How did you escape?" She asked with curiosity in her eyes.

"We don't have time to have a trip down the memory lane." I knew where this was going. I couldn't disclose anything to her. I wanted her to understand me at this point.
I was in a compromising state and everything was at stake.