Confessions Of A Criminal (Part - 2)

Landon's P.O.V

It almost felt like a dream. All of it. My mistakes and Riley's tears. I knew there was nothing about me that could win her heart. My lies or my truth both are dreadful sins. That night when I drank with Leo, I internally decided not to deceive her and tell her everything but still I couldn't. I was too intoxicated to be true. Now that I'm conscious with all means, confessing my crimes will be harder than I thought.
I just wonder if after knowing my past, will she be able to love my present?

I slept in the same clothes from last night. I didn't bother to change instead went to see Riley. I slowly take a peek inside her room. I wondered if she was asleep. To my surprise she was asleep. She still was an innocent beauty when she slept. Sometimes I felt that she had two personalities that I wasn't aware of. One Riley is strong both physically and mentally, like nothing can break her. The second Riley is fragile filled with emotions that she keeps to herself.

"Staring at your Juliet uh?" Jamie whispers from behind. I slowly close the door so that she doesn't get disturbed.

"What's your problem?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"My problem? It's a funny question. I think you very well know that your my problem, Landon." He forces on the word Landon.

"I prefer Ryder now." I grit.

"But Landon killed my sister not Ryder." He says bitterly.

"I am sorry for what happened. I never meant any of that to happen. I was 16 and irresponsible." Guilt, sadness, regret were overpowering me.

"Sorry doesn't solve anything and it never will." He grits.

"If sorry doesn't change anything, then revenge does? Do you think by hurting Riley, you are doing justice to Paige's death?" I ask.

"Don't take her name with your filthy mouth. Do you think Riley will love a criminal like you? After knowing what you've done she will leave you and never look back. You've always turned your back on the people who loved you but this time the tables have turned. It's your time to suffer." He smirks.

I took a step back clashing with the door. Then again was I allowed to love her?
"Do you think she will love a criminal like you? After knowing what you've done she will leave you and never look back." Jamie's words ran through my mind like a blade. I was hurting within with the thought her never loving me. Was I doing the right thing by telling her the truth? But did I have another choice but to tell her the truth. She would hate me the either way. I would rather have her hate me after knowing the truth.

*****

Riley's P.O.V

After last night I wasn't prepared to face Ryder. I didn't know how was I supposed to react if I saw him. Was I supposed to ignore him or comfort him? It was so confusing. He wasn't an innocent person, I was now well aware of that. Somehow even though he shared a part of his dark memory, I still didn't feel scared of him instead there is this curiosity to know more.

I got ready and went down to meet Jamie. He was the only friend I had in this house. I didn't have any contact with Tyler and Quinn because my phone was lost while I was spying on Ryder at Courtney's electro pub and then let's just say situations weren't in my favour. I wonder what's happening back there.

"Are you daydreaming again?" Jamie takes a bite from his apple.

"Maybe." I smile awkwardly.

"You don't have to be awkward. I used to daydream too when I was in my teens." He hands me a glass of orange juice. "No offence but how old are you." He asks with curiosity.