S3 Chapter 20

Rose's eyes flopped open lazily as she turned her head. The light streaming through the curtains pricked her eyes as she grumbled and rolled over to find a body resting next to her.

Widening her eyes Rose remembered the night before and couldn't help but smile softly. She wished that this moment would never end.

She became startled when he rolled over as well at noticed her staring at him with a big goofy grin. Zero narrowed his browed and questioned. "How long have you been staring at me?"

She shrugged her shoulders and just dropped the smile into a small pout. "Not long, I just wanna remember this moment forever."

Zero breathed a sigh of amusement as a terrifying ring started in the back of his head at her words. He secretly wondered what she meant but he didn't want to ruin this moment, so instead he changed the conversation into something lighter. "You know, this won't be the last time. I mean, if you want."

The response he got didn't ease his worry as she gave him those eyes he always saw when she was thinking about something, something she wasn't telling him.

Rose on the other hand heard his words and knew that what he envisioned couldn't be. Either way she was going to die today, whether it be by Carson's hand or her own everything would end the same.

But of course she couldn't have the heart to tell him that. She couldn't stand the thought of his heartbroken expression when he would find out she had died.

Zero stared at those sad eyes and moved to stand before walking over to his jacket that was strewn on the floor. He reached his hand in the pocket and carefully took out a small box.

Walking back, he settled in the bed as Rose sat up in question. "What is that?"

He smiled and handed the box to her before smiling softly. "It's for you, somehow I knew that this was always meant for you."

Rose turned her head in apprehension before slowly boxing the box before almost dropping the contents.

Her eyes began to well up with tears as realization crossed her face. There in the center of that small box was a small, silver encrusted ring. "What.."

Zero moved forward and took the ring from the box before rolling it around in his fingers, looking at it longly. "It was my mother's. When I was little she would tell my brother and I the story on how they met. She would alway tell me that someday, when I meet the right one, I would know and now, I finally get what she meant."

Rose put a hand to her mouth in shock and placed a hand on his arm before trying to form words. "Oh Zero, I can't accept something as precious as that. I mean, what if you find someone else? They deserve it, not me."

He frowned at her response and carefully placed his hands on each side of her face before lowering his voice. "Hey, that's not going to happen. I already told you that I found someone dear to me, and I'm not letting you go again, no matter what. This ring, it's yours."

She shook her head once more as Rose's hands flung about in anxiety as everything started to rush into her mind. "But but, we are so young, and you don't know anything about me. I mean, what if you find out that I'm not that great and then you want it back. Or what if something happens and you have to go away or something , or what if..."

Zero noticed her shoulder raise up and down even more rapidly as she breath started to come out faster and faster. He quickly realized she was caving under her own stress and moved forward to press a slow kiss onto her lips to stop her wandering thoughts.