S3 Chapter 9

One Year Later

Walking up the steps of the unfamiliar estate Hanabusa knocked on the large wooden doors before hearing them open.

Standing there was a smaller man who looked quite old from the silver hair peaking out the top of his head.

He carefully stepped aside to let Hanabusa in as he was faced with a new group of people, just the group he wanted to see.

He bowed slightly in respect before standing. "I apologize for arriving unannounced but I have a letter addressed to you, Lord Amano"

Lord Amano glanced slightly at the boy before smiling and signaling him to come further in. "Oh, no need to apologize. In fact I am kind of excited to meet you, Hanabusa Adiou. It seems you have been the cause of some gossip recently."

Hanabusa was well aware of the gossip but he tired of the idea of small talk and followed Amano into the sitting room. When he approached he found his two twin sons waiting for him. "What kind of gossip is that my Lord?"

Amano motioned him to sit but quickly became annoyed that Hanabusa didn't comply. "You must have heard. It's not everyday that a pureblood princess chooses someone like you to be her companion. It seemed almost out of the question."

They were getting more and more off track so to help this Hanabusa reached in his pocket and pulled out a small white letter with a rose imprint on the back. "It seems we are getting off topic. I was asked to give this letter to you by request of Lady Adelaide."

Everyone in the room eyes went wide as Amano quickly grabbed the letter from Hanabusa. It was certainly rare to hear anything from the mysteries pureblood princess. She always seemed so closed off from gatherings or visitors.

One of the twin boys, Jun, stood at his words and gazed at the letter. "I wonder why Lady Adelaide would send this to us?"

Hanabusa closed his eyes and turned to leave when he heard a sharper voice cut through the air.

The other twin, Kazuki stood and joined the group while sighing. "Yeah, what exactly is so important that she couldn't come deliver it herself? Such a prissy little princess not wanting to get her hands dirty, is that it? So instead she sends her dog."

Hanabusa's eye twitched at the way he was addressing Rose but tried to keep silent. Those were his orders after all, not to cause a fight, even though he really wanted to.

Jun turned to his brother at the language he used and tried to calm him down. "Kazuki you can't just say that."

Kazuki scoffed at his brother and put both his arms out in a shrug. "Why not? I know you were thinking it too. She thinks she can sit in the back and order us around because she's a pureblood? In fact even if she was here I would say it to her face, someone has to."

Suddenly the air grew thicker and a new voice entered the room, a female voice. "Well, I admire your honesty."

Everyone gasped as they saw the very person that Kazuki was tearing down a second ago, Rosabella Adelaide.

She leaned against the doorway with her foot resting on the wall behind her. She was wearing a short navy blue dress with matching cape as her red ribbon remained firmly in place with a half pulled back hairstyle.

The Amano family was stunned to silence. They hadn't seen or heard from Lady Adelaide since the engagement ball a year ago. Why was she here now?

Rose lifted herself off the wall and walked over to Hanabusa before carefully taking the letter from him. "I apologize for not being able to deliver this myself, so I hope this will do instead..."