Chapter 12

Yuki walked through the woods with one thought in mind. She was not going to be stuck in her room and remain powerless while other people fought her battles. She still didn't know what was up with Rose but she knew that they fought for the same goal and that was all that matter. Yuki pushed all jealousy and hate a side for now and searched to find an answer why she had done what she did.

In the middle of her thoughts she heard a rustling in the trees and found a couple Level E's blocking her path. Yuki reached for her concealed gun in her pocket but quickly withdrew thinking of Zero. That gun was reserved for Zero.

Instead she closed her eyes and willed for her powers to manifest within her. A couple rocks started to rise up from the ground when the vampires were cut down and discarded. Yuki looked to find Kain, Ruka and Serin gazing at her with an unhappy expression. Ruka was the first to speak "Why didn't you use you're artemis rod on them?"

Yuki looked away in an ashamed manner. "I-I can't use that right now." The group was shocked at this development that they had just encountered. Kain tried to apply logic to the situation. "Then, it's best if you remain hidden, after all you've only just awakened. Fighting now would just be reckless and rash."

Yuki knew that his words were true but even so she needed to do something. "That may be so, but I want to fight!" Ruka was becoming sick of her bratty attitude and moved to speak out when a new voice could be heard in the distance. "Please Wait! My Lady I beg you.."

They all turned to find a very tired Hanabusa and in front of him a very determined Rose. She was wearing her vampire hunter uniform with her bow and arrows strapped around her back. She paused when she saw the group which allowed Hanabusa to catch up. "Ahh finally!"

Kain chuckled at his misery and elbowed him in the side. "Tough job being a bodyguard for a princess?" He did not find this funny and pushed him off of him. "Shut up, I'd like to see you try it."

Yuki raced forward and grabbed Rose by the shoulders. "Rose, tell them that I can fight! I can't just do nothing." Rose gazed at her and sighed before turning to the group "I agree with Yuki to an extent. The safest place she can be is by my side."

Ruka was about to contradict her again when she put her hand up. "But, there will be no need to fight. I will take care of what must be done."

The group gasped as Hanabusa moved to stand with the group. "Lady Adelaide you can't, I promised Lord Kaname to insure your safety and running off by yourself is a suicide mission!"

Rose grimaced at his words and somewhere inside Hanabusa knew that's what her goal was. "I think you must have forgotten that I don't answer to you."

Ruka sighed in frustration and pushed her way through the crowd. "Then let me put it another way, Lord Kaname would be distressed to learn of your recklessness my lady."

Rose rolled her eyes and scoffed at Ruka's reasoning "Yes well I can assure you that Kaname knows my intentions and if you actually did know him you would know that he would certainly not be distressed."

Ruka was appalled by her response. Of course she knew Lord Kaname better than anyone. Who was this secret pureblood princess that claimed she knew everything about him? It made her blood boil in anger.

But of course Rose didn't let Ruka finish as she moved to the center and looked at everyone who was glued to her stare. "Now it's time for me to put it another way. I did not spend years in hiding to just watch others do the job I was made to do. And I am certainly not going to let a group of naive insolent vampires stop me. So if you want to come with me fine but I am not backing down from this fight. Rido Kuran will die by my hand or so help me I will die trying."