S3 Chapter 18

The night class students watched by the windows as a blurry figure moved toward the academy. On further inspection they recognized it to be Lady Adelaide but paused when realizing the state she was in.

She walked on, eyes forward towards some kind of goal with blood caked all over her clothes and body. An outsider may have been concerned that she was hurt but slowly all the vampires noticed that the blood on her wasn't her own.

Rose let Hanabusa open the door and she walked into the space where nothing but dead silence could be heard.

She looked up towards and stairs and everyone around her gasped at her new found eye color. Thousands of whispers and mutters started to occupy the space as Rose blocked all of them out.

Walking up the stairs in silence she reached her door and slowly stepped inside, feeling the cold wood against her fingers.

Rose paused when she felt a number of processes behind her and turned to find Ruka, Kain, Rima and Senri waiting for her to return.

Ruka was the first to speak as she stood from the bed in anger. "What the hell is going on here? Hanabusa you better explain yourself."

Hanabusa looked at his friend and then back to Rose. He knew her composure was about to break at any second so talking right now wasn't the wised option. "Ruka, we can talk about this later. She needs some time."

Rose turned her head towards the group in apprehension and watched all of their eyes widened at what she had become. If they weren't surprised at the blood then they were certainly surprised about her new two tone eyes.

The other vampires looked between each other internally decided who should speak about the matter. Senri seemed to win the argument and bit down on his pocky in interesting. "Whoa, what happened to you?"

Not liking the response he gave Ruka moved to speak out again when Rose stepped forward and muttered. "No, it's fine Hanabusa."

He blinked a few times and watch her move towards the window as he eyed her carefully. This wasn't in her character, usually she wouldn't let anyone see her so unstable. So why now?

Rima glanced at the pureblood and put another stick of pocky in her mouth before stating "It looks like she isn't affected by any of this."

Just as her words came out, Rose took another step forward and tripped on her own feet, tumbling to the ground.

Everyone looked at her in shock as Hanabusa raced forward to help her up. Something obviously wasn't right.

She righted herself and Ruka moved forward again, this time a bit more aggressive. She pointed one finger to Rose and scoffed. "You, explain. What kind of mess have you gotten Hanabusa into?"

After a few moments of silence she tightened her fist and her voice rose in volume. Ruka roughly grabbed Rose's shoulders and shook her in anger. "Do you think this is funny?! Tell me, or are you too chocky for that?"

Hanabusa gasped at the close contact and raced forward, trying to pry her arms off of his mistress. "Ruka, stop! You're making it worse!"

Rose just stood there as she was being manhandled, listening to Ruka's hurtful words. They filled into her ears but one particular sentence screamed in her ear. "You've put everyone in danger, are you proud of yourself?!"

Freezing, Rose thought about everything that had happened in these past few hours. Everything she had ever worked for was ruined. Ruka was right, in her blind attempt of anger she had endangered those she promised would remain safe. There was no game board now, she had already burned it.