Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Seneri walked into his uncle's mansion without emotion. Instead of attending The Adiou mansion, he wanted to visit his uncle. He was met by his great uncle and Ichiru who led him into a strange looking basement. When they reached the bottom of the stairs they stopped. "I would like to show you something. You are no longer a child so as a member of the Shiki family, the have the right to know."

The doors pushed open to reveal a hidden room deep underground with a coffin filled with water in the center of the room. "The secret I have worked hard to conceal."

Seneri looked in the coffin and found a naked man, floating in the liquid. "I have been protecting him. Take a look, this is your father."

Seneri was stunned by the news and blankly asked "I thought he was dead. This is gross."

Suddenly a small child spoke from the corner. "How could you say that to you're own flesh and blood? I've managed to re generate quite a bit."

The child stepped closer to Seneri and have noticed that he had two different colored eyes, one red and one blue. He blinked and the child disappeared, only to reappear behind the coffin. "I was looking forward to seeing you, all grown up."

Seneri's father bowed and smiled "I'm sorry to keep you waiting my lord."

Suddenly to child fell unconscious and landed in the water.The naked man began to stir. His head grasped the side of the coffin and he lifted himself up. "My dear son,Seneri. I am in need of your strength."

Just then vines of blood appeared out of the water and grabbed Seneri, pulling him into the man.

---------------

Rose gasped as she could feel a strong arm shake her awake. She heard his voice, his real voice. She felt herself shake and her breath came in and out in short shallow gasps, making her feel lightheaded. It couldn't be! He was awake. The voice next to her appeared to be worried as he kept asking her the same question. She realized the presence and jumped into his arms, still shaking. Zero gladly wrapped his arm around her and whispered. "It's okay, I'm here."

She recognized the voice and looked into his eyes. "Zero? Oh, did I wake you? I'm sorry."

He pushed her back into his arms and muttered in her hair "Don't worry about that, it's okay."

She tried to calm herself but she hadn't had a nightmare that was that realistic before, it almost seemed real, which is hoped wasn't the case. When he realized she could breath normally again he pulled her away from him and questioned. "What happened? You are you so scared?"

She pulled a few strains of her hair away from her face and realized they were covered in sweat. She didn't want him to see her like this, it would only worry him more. Trying her best to hide her worry she gave a half hearted laugh that she hoped he wouldn't see. "Sorry Zero, it's nothing. Sometime I get nightmares from certain things, no need to worry."

He looked her in sadness and without thinking he placed his hand on her head and brought it to his chest. He knew all to well how nightmares would plague a mind in fact just a few years ago he had been a victim of those terrible dreams as well. "You can't tell me not to worry about you."

She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to memorize this moment, she felt so safe in his arms. WAIT. She abruptly pried herself out of her safe haven and pasted on a large grin while hitting his arm. "Hey, I said I was ok, don't worry about it. Now do you have a phone I could use? I have to call the association. They have been bugging me like crazy."