Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The night class students filed out of the moon dorm one by one. Fall break had started which meant that all of the students were returning home to their families whereas the entire night class was invited to sent the vacation at the Adiou mansion. Both Kaname and Rose decided this was a good idea because she needed him to get his head back in the game. Maybe some time alone would fix that.

Hanabusa sat on his bed and recalled the events he had witnessed. After days and days of searching Adiou found nothing on the mysterious hunter that appeared at the academy one day. But one thing was for certain, she knew what Kaname was planning.

He stood up at started to take a long walk to clear his head, then he thought of something. Zero seemed pretty close to her at that party so maybe he knows what was going in. He did seem to remain secretive lately.

He made his way other to the sun dorm when he was stopped by Yuki. "Hannabusa! What do you think you're doing?!"

He froze and tried to come up with a logical reason but failed. "Well, umm you see I was....well I totally wasn't going to visit Zero if that's what you mean."

Just then the door opened to reveal Zero in front of him. "What are you doing? In case you didn't remember you can't enter the grounds on the sun dormitories. Go back to you're dorm."

He gazed at the the two of them and pouted. "I don't want to be there, so I am not going back!"

Yuki and Zero hung their heads in frustration.

------------

Hanabusa sat on the sofa with his arms crossed as he watched Zero try to catch his breath. After they insisted him to return he ran away from them which caused Zero to chase after him. Yuki put her hand up and smiled. "I hope the headmaster's private quarters are ok with you."

Adiou was about to give another sarcastic remark when he heard another presence walk into the room. He turned and slowly grew quiet. Standing there was the person he wanted to see the least. She wasn't wearing her uniform but rather a flower sundress. "What's with the noise?"

She turned and found Adiou. "Oh, it's you. Why are you here?"

Hanabusa angrily stood up and pointed her finger at her. "I should be asking you the same question!"

Rose shrugged and lifted up a bunch of plastic bags she was holding. "The Headmaster asked me to do some shopping."

Adiou looked at the bags and stuttered. "Whaa? No I meant what are you doing here? Don't you have a family or something to run back to."

Rose's eyes suddenly grew dark and Zero knew the reason. She didn't have any family to back to. Adiou noticed the change in temperature as Rose seemed to spring back to life, putting on a fake cheesy grin. "I don't have a family so it's kind of hard to run to one."

His cocky demeanor dropped as he realized what she said. Yuki was also surprised by her words. She tightened the bags and smirked. "Now, time to put these groceries away so I can start cooking!"

Hanabusa grew afraid and put his hand out. "NO! Not you."

Rose turned back in confusion as Zero grabbed her bags. "Fine then, I'll do it."

She tilted her head and smirked. "What? It's not like I was gonna try and poison you."

She laughed at her joke but Hanabusa didn't find it funny. What if she actually tried that?

---------------

Adiou's worst fear had come true. He was alone, sitting across from the girl who murdered a pureblood. She gazed out the window in boredom as he tried to decipher anything from her.