💐Epilogue💐

"All I need is someone whose heart's chaotic symphony can make my demons dance to its tune.

Caleb's PO💕

Five years later. "Daddy,Daddy Angel is not letting me play with her Batman," my 5-year-old son told me. I was doing some work on my laptop. I looked up at both of them. I called my 4-year-old daughter. "Angel, don't be rude and let Elais play with you too. He is your big brother". I said it in a calm tone. She pouted, and after wiggling her eyebrows, she sighed and let him play with her. Just like her mother. It's been a year since I and Juliet got separated. She didn't love me anymore, and she got tired of waiting every night because I got too busy at work. Those were her reasons to leave me. I loved her enough to let her go. She has custody of her children, and I get to meet these bundles of happiness only on Sunday. So every Sunday I bring them both to the park, where I and Angel Serene used to come before Juliet. Now that I realize I did change a lot, It seems like such a distant memory. I wish I could change things. But I can't. And I regret it.
Serene is now a very successful neurosurgeon. She is perfect at her work. People say her hands heal things. I do believe it is true. She healed my heart without even touching it. She is now engaged to that weirdo loser from high school , Kaden. I guess she is happy, and I am happy for her too. We hardly talk over the phone. Both of us have work to do. World to change. Although we never missed a Christmas or Thanksgiving. Reunion for all of us. And I did get to know who the girl was on prom night. It was shocking when I got to know that it was an angel. My beautiful angel God, I wish I would have known that. Things would have changed. For better. You see, six months ago, before the wedding of my sister Kayla with Matt, Serene's brother, I went to Serene's house to pick up some suits for the best man. Angel was not there. She had yet to arrive. When I asked her mother where the suits were, she directed me to her room. I went there. To my surprise, when I was going to pick up the suits, my eyes fell on the photos of her on the small wooden rack. There were many photos of her. She looked cute in her childhood photos. But the last one caught my eye. It was a photo of prom night. There were three girls standing. The middle one, who was wearing an aqua blue dress, caught my eye. Then I recognized that it was serene. She kissed me. I kissed her. And it was the best kiss of my life. My existence. I didn't ask her. Because that was years ago. And things have changed. And for the first time in years, she was happy just as she was. And it saddened me more that the reason was not me. "Look, Daddy, what I found". Angel came and tugged on my shirt. I looked at her hands. She is holding a brown box covered in soil. I narrowed my eyes. It could be a fatal substance. "Put that down, Angel". I said. "But daddy, it's my treasure box". She said. "Come on, sugar. Where did you find it?" I said. She pointed towards the tree". I was digging for a treasure box when I got this," she said. "Angel, look what I found." Her brother called her, and she ran to him. I hold the box. It is rusted. It seems like for years it has been buried. Curiosity got in my way, and I opened it. There were letters. Neatly folded letters. Lots of them. I took the letters out of the box. A single smudge of paper fell down. I got down and picked it up. My eyes widened when I recognized it. It's a drawing that I made at the time of Lily's death. What the hell is it doing here? What are all these letters? There is only one way to know. I decided to open the letters. Although I know it's an invasion of someone's privacy, But as it is somehow related to the sketch I made, I decided to read it when I reached my apartment. I stacked the letters in the box again. But a shiny object caught my eye. I took it out. It's a bracelet. Wait a minute, it's the same bracelet I gave to Angel on her birthday. How did it get here? Nothing is mixed up. I couldn't wait to go home and read I opened the first letter and read it.
Dear Caleb..... I read each and every letter. By the time I reached her 745th letter, I was crying. I didn't cry this much when Lily died or Juliet left me. It's a pain I have never felt before. It hurt so much that she loved me, and I didn't see it. I was so blinded by my selfish, so-called love that I made her this miserable. She loved me so much. She was the girl who was in the shadow that night. Only if she had told me once. But she tried on the night of her birthday. And I ruined it. I fell in love with her best friend. She lifted me up from the darkness, and I pushed her in there. I gave her pain. Yet she smiled. How strong she could get. I wish she would have told me. I wish I could have admitted my feelings for her. I wish I would have realized it a bit earlier. And now I fucking realize that I loved this girl. I always have. I always will. So I decided to call her. To tell her how much I loved her too. I dialed her number. No, I can't be this selfish with her. She is finally happy. I can't ruin that. I decided to hang up when someone picked up. "Hello?" she said. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I am a fucking coward. Why did I let her go? "Um, sorry, wrong number," I said. "Oh, okay," she said. And then I cried again." Yeah". I said it in a muffled voice and hung up.

And that's how the story of the monster and his angel, or the dark prince and his broken girl, ended.