🌺Chapter Five🌺

Because that was who she always had been: turning ruin into triumph, turning fury into bliss.

💕Serene's POV💕

Not that late, even. I began walking down the dimly lit street. I was walking when I heard someone's footstep. Someone is following me. I got scared. All those murder mystery series I had seen began replaying in my mind. I walked even faster, and so did the footstep I began running. So does the footstep. I was so immersed in running that I didn't see a body in front of me. I collided and fell back on my bums. I looked up to see a familiar set of grey pools staring at me." He didn't reply. He grabbed my arm harshly and pulled me up. I looked behind me. But I saw no one following me. I was confused. I was sure that I heard someone chasing me. His voice broke my thoughts. "You should not be here. It's not safe in this part of town at this hour, especially for girls. Be careful next time." He said while not looking at me. I nodded looking at the ground. "Thank you for helping me, I should go now." I said looking at him. He was staring at me already. He didn't say anything so I took that as my cue to leave. I started walking. I saw him following me. I ignored it. When I reached my home. I turned around to found no one. I sighed and thought may be it was my illusion to assume that he was following me. I open the door and turned around to lock it. A small smile crept through my lips when I saw him standing across the street. I just stood there for I don't know how long. Finally he moved to the direction from where I came. After the disappearance of his figure from my sight I closed the door. I changed my clothes and wore a white tank top and my PJ. I jumped to my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about the grey eyed monster. I wanna know him. I want to figure him out. He has so many mysteries inside him that I want to dig in. But why is he so horrible and cold to people who want to know him. The way he protected me today I knew somewhere he has a heart but what is up with all the facades? I have decided that I won't let him to be a loner anymore. No matter what happens I will help him. So that I can help myself. With that I drifted into the thoughts of my love. Oh Caleb, Where are you. Why can't I find you. I have tried everything. I am so stupid to even think so. I even don't know you. You were only a fraction of my imagination. how can I believe in you when I know nothing about you. I am not even sure if that's your real name is. A tear ran down my cheek and falls into the paper. And I started thinking about the first time and the last time I saw you two years ago in the summer.
Flashback: It was a hard and long day for me. I was helping my grandmother bake some delicious apple pie. My grandparents live on the outskirts of Seattle. I love both of them. I never forgets to visit them in my holidays. It was sforget the evening. Aduringer finishing e pie all alone. I thought it would be good for me to take a walk. I didn't realise the time. It was so beautiful over here. Its breathtaking. I was sitting in front of a lake. A big, clear lake. It was surrounded by various bushes with small white wildflowers, which I could only vaguely see because of the moon's stolen light. The light of the moon was reflecting in the clean, clear water. I was sitting under a tree. When I saw a figure sitting on the opposite side of the lake. The lake was not that wide, so I could see clearly that it was a boy.
He was sitting on a rock. He has his sketchpad in his hand. Must be trying to draw the scene. He looks so beautiful just sitting there. Unknowingly, he took my sorrow and darkness. He has these broad shoulders, and his hair is disheveled. He was looking beyond mesmerizing. He was only concentrating on his work. There was a small torch there too. Because of the light, I had figured that he had jet-black hair. And a sharp jaw. Due to the distance, I couldn't figure out how he looked. The attraction was so strong that I was feeling scared. I didn't want to hold myself back. I wanted to know him. I wanted to talk to him. Although it was weird to talk to someone you just saw, something was still there that was pulling me towards him. There was something in him that I found relatable to me. He seems so sad and lonely. I wanted to know the reason. I wanted to figure him out. Still, I couldn't muster the courage to go and talk to him. He seems busy, and I thought that I would talk to him when he has his work done. So I closed my eyes. And soon, I don't know how I fell asleep. When I opened my eyes. He was no longer there. I was sad, frustrated, and disappointed. I cursed myself for sleeping. It was nine. I knew Granny would be worried. So I quickly got up. And headed home in the hope that he would come tomorrow. On the next day, when I reached there, He wasn't there. I waited for him for like four hours. He didn't come back. My heart shattered. The pain began increasing day by day. Every night, I used to come with the hope that he would be here to stare at nothing. I went to where he sat. I sat there on the last day of my vacation. I was so sad that I lost him. I was turning around when a piece of paper caught my attention. It was lying on the ground when it crumbled. I unfolded it and gasped. It was a picture of a boy with doe eyes. He was crying. He was kneeling in front of a girl who was chained like a prisoner. Her dress was torn. She was crying too. His hands were covered in blood. And she had a dagger in her stomach. The painting was so beautiful yet so painful that it shook me. I didn't realize when I started to cry. I knew who did this art. I knew him. I wish I knew him. I put it in my bag and headed home. That night, I couldn't sleep. All I can think about is him and the painting. It shook me to the core. I was looking at the masterpiece when I noticed something. At the corner of the painting was written something. It was a name. It was his name. Caleb.