🌺Chapter Seventeen🌺

"Now she looks pale and small, but her eyes make me think of wide open skies that I have never actually seen but only dream of." eye drops

💕Serene's POV💕

Today was Caleb's tryout for the school basketball team. I hope he gets in. He is getting along with everyone. He is happy. Boys are treating him like a brother, and girls in my group also try to have a conversation with him, but he usually cuts it short. I am just glad that he is happy. I was by the locker when someone spun me around. I didn't have it; guess who it was. His cinnamon and rose smell was enough to let me know who it was. He lifted me up, leveling me to his height, and hugged me. I was really taken aback by this sudden action in the middle of the hall. He smiled and pulled away. "I got into the team," he said. "Oh, that's a great monster. I am so happy for you." I hugged him once again. "Aggh.. Get a room, people," Mikee said, smirking. Stacy laughed. Juliet was smiling. I saw something in her eyes. As soon as the emotion came, it was gone too. I turned around to look at Caleb. He was staring ahead of me. The sad thing is that I know what he was looking at. He noticed me looking at him. He met my gaze and gave me a warm smile. I couldn't help but smile back. Leslie didn't come. She has avoided me the whole week. This weekend, I am going to ask her about what the deal is with her. Why is she being so bitchy? And I will get my answer. "So, what is going on between Caleb and you, Sy?" Mikee asked. "It's nothing but platonic friendship. I am his first friend. So he is kind of hung up on me. And for me, he is a very good friend of mine. We understand each other. That's it," I said while drinking my coke. "So, you are saying there is no romantic feeling involved between you two?" Juliet asked. I shook my head." No,we are just friends. I am not attracted to him." Stacy was silent. It may be because she knew I was lying. But what she didn't know was why I was lying. If I have never hidden anything from my friends, then why am I lying? Honestly, I don't even know the answer to this question. They nodded. "How's things going with Xavier and you?" I asked Jules. "It's okay." That's all she said. Usually she won't stop talking about him, but today, in two words, she summed it all up. I know. We know something was terribly wrong between them. "What's wrong, Jules? You know you can tell us". I squeezed her hand. She looked at me. She smiled a little."It's nothing. Lately we have been fighting a lot over petty issues. He is having anger issues. He is stealing money from my purse. Earlier he used to ask me for money, but now a days he is stealing. I am getting sick of him," she said. "What the fuck is wrong with that bastard? You don't have to be with him. Break it up with him. He is not worthy of you. For god's sake, he is stealing". Stacy said. Mike nodded in agreement. "Wait a minute, guys. She just can't break it up. Can she? This guy has been with her in her ups and downs. When he is in his down, she shouldn't just leave him." I said I knew what I said was pure jealousy because I am selfish. I can't give away the only good thing that happened to me to someone. I don't care if that someone is my best friend. Because I know if she breaks up, then Caleb and Jules will get together. "Yeah, serene is right. I love him. I can't just leave him." "Still, Jules, watch out. He may be dangerous too. Just try to talk to him about this all". I nodded as Mikee said this. And so the discussion went on to many more topics. On Friday evening, true to his word, Caleb came to pick me up. He was wearing a white shirt and faded blue jeans. He has his hair styled. It was still looking a little messy, just the way I like it. I smiled."

"I was wearing a black knee-length plain dress. I had my hair straight. And my black pumps completed my look."

" "Fancy looking angel." He smirked. I snorted. He laughed. He leaned toward me and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and said, "You are looking hot, angel." He said. I blushed. Only he has this effect on me. "Shall we go? "He asked me. I grinned. "Yes, we shall."

★★★