heartbreak - part 1 .

"lance. lets talk. meet in my room in 5. - keith"
lance recieved the text. skimming it through, he nodded and replied agreeing.

when he arrived. keith was sitting on his bed with his arms folded, looking down. lance sat himself next to the raven haired boy. "hey babe! whats cracking?" keith jolted up and quickly pushed lance's arm off of him.
"uh, you okay?" lance tilted his head. keith nodded. he grabbed a crumpled paper from his red jacket and handed it to lance, then walked to the doorway.
lance took hold of the note. "whats this, a confession? spoiler - we're dating!"
the boy chuckled. keith looked at him with remorse in his eyes, before finally walking out.

"um, alright then. now- what have we here?"

he opened the letter.

"dear lance,
   i want to break up. you never consider my feelings and think about me. you are lost in your own little fantasy. the world doesnt work in such a happy, carefree way. and besides, i have found someone who does care about me. im sorry."
lance stared in disbelief. "but.. i DO care about.."
he choked. "i care! keith, i care!" he sobbed out. his hot tears burned his cheeks and rolled onto the paper scrunched up by lance's hands. when his tears subsided, the note was but a soggy mess. the words were unrecognizable. lance held the wet paper gently. he suddenly couldnt stand to be in his room. he stumbled out, paper in his pocket.
on his way to his bedroom, he ran into hunk. "hey bud, how ya doin?" lance glanced at him and frantically looked back down. his eyes were still watering and red, he couldnt let hunk see him like this! he furiously wiped at his eyes as hunk stared, taken aback.

"hey bud, what happened? im always gonna be here for you, you know that." hunk said gently.
"y-yeah." squeaked lance, his voice stuttery and high.
he walked into his room and dropped onto his floor. leaning against the metal door, lance curled up and silently cried.