Chapter 19

~Lukes Pov~

The day was finnaly here. The day Calum and I wouldn't have to listen to our parents not wanting us to date anymore, they couldn't split us up without a divorce paper and I loved the thought of that. I had found a little chapel with a gay pastor who said he would be over joyed to wed us today, even though it was on short notice. This morning when I talked to Michael about seeing Calum before hand, he told me it was bad luck and refused to let me even call him. I get that, Ive always heard that, but of course it was with the bride. I was standing outside the little church, just waiting for them at this point. Ashton and Michael promised they'd bring Calum with them when they came. I was uncontrollably smiling to myself, thinking of how lovey he'll look walking up to me in what ever suit he'd managed to find in such short time, but I'm sure it fit him perfectly. I couldn't wait for the part where they say 'I may now pronounce you husband and husband' because that means we've made it. Through the years of high school torture, through the nights of sleepless nothings, the days where I honestly thought that would be the last time I'd ever see him, all of it. We've made it. 

A car pulls up right in front of the Church, the one with him in it I'm assuming. I perk up and fix my shirt and collar, crossing my hands in front of me so they over lap. The front door opens following with the passenger. Just  Ashton and Michael get out, Michael looks up at me but quickly flickers his vision back over to Ash before they start to walk over to me. They both walk slowly, dragging there feet along behind them. I assume its only because they're both so hung over, but that wasn't an excuse for Calum not being here, he doesn't drink anymore. Once they're both up close enough to me, I notice that there faces are both red and evenly puffy, 

"Is everything alright? Wheres Calum..?" I take a shy step forward to them, they both look like they're on the verge of tears for not the first time I could see. It was a little concerning. Michael looks up at me, opening his mouth like he was going to talk but just looking down and covering his eyes with his hand and turning away. 

"Honestly whats going on." I move more to be able to look Michael straight on but he doesn't let me. 

"Luke.. Its about Calum. And.. Fuck, Ashton I cant do this you have too." Michaels voice was uneasy and went from pitch to pitch right before he just started crying. If they're this upset and its regarding Calum, I didn't know what to expect. Ashton wipes a sweatshirt sleeve over his face and takes a deep shaky breathe in before trying to speak. 

"Luke. I'm so sorry, but-" It was obvious he was having a hard time talking. Michael was behind him, sobbing. The kinda of sobbing that sounded and felt like coughing but with crying involved. "last night, we didn't. We didn't have a very good eye on Calum and. Shit.." Ashton has to wipe his face again, his voice was shaky and trembled as he spoke. 

"Can you please just tell me, you're killing me." I must have said something wrong, since Ashton doesn't even try to hold in his crying anymore. 

"Calums dead Luke, last night. He had alcohol posing. We didn't know. When found him he was having a secuire and we couldn't help him in time. There was nothing we could do" 

And just like that, from my heart beating a million miles an hour, dropped. Every time I told myself 'Id seem him tomorrow' or 'he'll be in the next room over' was now a lie, tomorrow was never and the room was empty. I walk past Ashton, leaving them both behind me. Straight to the car they had come in, I didn't have my licence but I didn't care. I just needed to get away from here. I grab the keys out of the center conceal and turn it on. Letting myself go to the sound of the engine starting. Crying more than I had ever smiled. Something laying in the back seat coughd my eye and i gently turn around to check. It was Calums suit. The one he was suppose to be married in would now be the one he'd be berried in. Before Im even fully around straight in my seat, I press down on the gas as hard as I could, taking off with a jolt. It was hard to drive, the wrong side of the road, tears rushing down my face and too many thoughts shoved into my head to watch out for cars head of me. My goal was to reach the house we were at, all his things where there and if i couldn't be with him I could be with his clothes.