24 {Monika x M! Reader}

Our Reality

Warning: This is has scenes of depression for it is a sad and in depth one shot. This also is a long one shot, so please bare with me.

Note: You are the protagonist in this one-shot.

***

We all have some sort of reality that we'd like to call our own.

We all have that one special someone that we love so much that it hurts to know that they don't love you back.

We all have these realities with that special someone to connect closure to ourselves, as well as,  sooth our emotions from breaking out.

We all know Monika's story.

We all know what she had tried to do for the protagonist.

We have been through what she has.

Even though, we've never understood the jealousy she felt around her fellow clubmates.

Until now.

***

It was a shimmering spring afternoon, the birds were singing, and Monika had started to go home from the literature club.

She walked from the steps of the school to find the protagonist walking home with a familiar coral pink haired female. Sayori.

"I wonder how much the protagonist loves her." Monika muttered, as she passed by some decent scenery.

"I mean, Sayori lives a seemingly good life. She's well taken care of, and somewhat odd. Who can't love a girl who's as good as her?"

Monika passed a few buildings along the side walk. Each was a house to one or more of the students at the school.

"What if the protagonist didn't like Sayori? What if he liked Natsuki, Yuri, or me? I mean, Natsuki is obviously abused by someone. Yuri seems a little off. I don't think that I deserve the protagonist. That's his decision after all." Monika paused her muttering as she saw the pair cross her gaze again.

Sayori and the protagonist. For the second time this walk.

She started to find the nearest tree, and crouched behind it, so that the pair wouldn't think she was stalking them.

After the pair walked off, Monika continued onwards to her home.

"Hopefully I can find a way to where I can implement a reality of my own where the protagonist loves me. He's the only one that I care about." Monika muttered swiftly, as she stumbled upon her home.

The home was a mansion, which she had been living there ever since she was a child.

She had two brothers, and one other sister.

Everyday she would come home to at least one of them bringing a girlfriend or boyfriend to the house, and she would just scoff.

"I wonder which one it's going to be this time."

She opened the door, revealing a hallway in the center of a spiraling staircase.