One

Today is my first day at Maddison High and I'm so nervous.
My parents decided to move to Cambridge so my mom could work as a doctor here. She got this job offer to run a department at a hospital or something. My dad is a pilot so for him it didn't really matter where he lived. And what about me? They think a new town will be good for me, so here we are.

I'm an only child and so I'm mostly alone. Back in Orlando my parents were always working and I doubt that it will change now that we live here. Especially now that my mom is going to run some kind of department.

We moved to this huge house in a small town called Maddisonville. Around the house are 4 other houses, also quite big but there aren't living any people my age. So no I don't really like living here so far.

While I was applying some make up I hear a knock on the door, it's my mom. "Josephine? Do you want a ride to school? I'm heading to the hospital in 10." I nod and grab my bag to walk downstairs.
"Goodmorning sunshine! Looking forward to your first day at school?" My dad says as soon as I walk into the kitchen. He is always so energetic in the morning. "Well I don't really know what to expect but I'll be fine" I sigh. I don't know why I'm so down about going to this school, it's nothing like me. I grab an apple and walk towards my mom's car.

The car ride was silent but not akward. Within 15 minutes we arrive at school. After giving my mom a quick goodbye kiss, I step out of the car and walk into the building. Well there we go, about to start a new life.

"Hi! I haven't seen you here before, are u new?" A girl asks with beautiful long blond hair and sparkly green eyes as soon as I'm in the building. "Uh yeah, that obvious? I just need to go get my schedule somewhere."

"Ofcourse no problem, I'll walk you! This way. So my name is Demi Flores, how about you?"

"Josephine Wester"

"Wow thats an odd name, I've never heard it before. Where are u from?"

"Orlando. Moved here about 2 weeks ago."

"Thats quite a big move. Anyways here is your schedule, we have almost every class together! Thats amazing. First class, chemistry."

Great.

-

After the first couple of periods ended, Demi had introduced me to some new people. She is really nice to me and I'm really glad she's helping me to get through this day. However she is quite pushy, but I can deal with that.

"Last class, history. I heared there is a new teacher and that he is very hot!" Demi said.

"Well you think everyone is hot." Rylee said, one of the girls Demi introduced me to. She has black curled hair and dark brown eyes, for as far as I know she is very kind and cares a lot about people. However she can be quite sassy when something doesn't go her way.

When we walk into class Rylee and Demi go straight to last row and I just follow them in a hurry, tripping over feet from some random guy. I almost fell to the ground but grabbed a table to regain my balance. "Watch were you're going new girl" the guy in a black hoody spats at me.

"Oh just shut up Brandon, that you can't sit like a normal person doesn't give you the right to yell at her." Rylee speaks up to him.

Brandon turned around and I said a quick thank you to Rylee beforme sitting at my table. I chatted with the girls a bit until the teacher walked in. "Holy shit, he is handsome!" Demi whispered.

"Hello everyone, as you might see I'm new at this school so let me introduce myself. I'm Daniel Hale, but for you guys Dr. Hale, even though it sounds like I'm an old prick. I'm 25 years old, I like reading and writing. I'm a single man and live with my cat Nancy." The teacher says.
"So as I'm new I would like to get to know you all, I'll call your name and then you guys tell me your age, and 3 things you like about yourself." He grinned knowing we would hate to do this. After he named almost everyone, I finally heard him call me. I stand up and say that I'm 17 years old and that I like my personality, my hair and my eyes. Not very original I know, I just don't like everyone looking at me.

"Okay great, thank you all." He smiles. It's almost time and it was not like we were going to do anything else so he let us go home.

-

"Hello?! Mom? Dad?" No respone. Great no one is home. I walk to the fridge to find something to eat for tonight, I see some pasta with a note placed on it. "Dad needed to do an emergency flight and I'm at the hospital again to get to know everything and everyone as quick as possible. I'll see you tomorrow
Xx mom"

I sigh.