Chapter 38

Rose's body lay in a casket in the middle of her throne room. My face was buried in Alison's chest as Kira, Aviri, Avalar, and Avalon stood around Rose's casket.

Rose looked peaceful in the casket, but this was not something any of us believed.

Amy and Amber stood next to them along with Luna. But Amber was leaned over the coffin crying her eyes out. She touched Rose's face softly, her tears landing on the dead skin of her lover.

Everyone was crying. My Shades balled in my head, and even Alice was trying to hide her sadness.

It was something that I just couldn't grasp. I couldn't understand. I grew up knowing, and believing that Rose was someone who could never be killed. Who could never fall. And yet she was in a coffin in front of me.

"The Coffin will stay in the throne room as a memorial." Avalar said. "The First Vampire will still live on as our guardian."

Everyone agreed.

Serana and Jade stood with their heads down. Sarah was holding Alice's arm tightly. Amy looked crushed. Veronica was hiding her face in her hands. Xena was in a wheel chair, her eyes covered by a bandage. Bells and Kat stood behind her rubbing their eyes. Fairies were up in the air crying above us.

"She was a great Queen and an even greater mother." Kira said.

Everyone agreed.

"The kindest soul to guide our hearts." Aviri added.

Everyone agreed.

"She will live forever, and protect us all." Avalon said.

Everyone agreed.

"A walking Goddess, who lived with the mortals." Avalar smiled.

Everyone agreed.

Kira put her hand on Rose's hands and rubbed her own eyes. "You were the greatest person ever to exist. We'll always miss you, and love you. Always and Forever."

"Forever and Always." Everyone said.

Aviri hugged Kira tightly and the two of them wept on each other. Avalon and Avalar gently closed the casket and stood it up on the wall behind the throne. Steps led up to it so we could walk up to her if we so wanted. The casket was glass, and it looked like Rose was just sleeping peacefully.

"What happens now?" Alice asked.

"Agora is dead, and the Daybreakers are no more." Avalon said. "But Exodious walks this Realm again."

"What are we going to do about it then?" Luna asked.

"We will have to fight her." Kira said. "We don't have another choice."

"Rose said that Exodious couldn't actually kill her. Is there a chance that she's still alive?" I asked.

"You felt that pain, we all did. Rose's soul has passed on. She's gone." Amy said.

"We must plan our attack against Exodious." Amber said. "She must die for what she's done."

"We don't know where she is." Avalar answered.

"Find her!" Amber bellowed.

"You will hold your tongue." Avalon snarled. Amber shrank down and looked back at her fallen lover.

"Then we will prepare the castle instead." Luna said. "We'll gather guards and prepare it for another battle."

"Agreed." both sets of twins said.

"We'll repair the castle and the village. We'll ask the hunters join us in battle, and we'll send word to the other Realms. This isn't a fight between vampires anymore. It's a battle for Exodious itself." Alice offered.

"I'll go see the Dragon Lords and ask for their help." Kira said.

"I'll talk to the dead." Amber added.

"And I'll go to the beasts." Luna nodded.

"Then we have a plan of defense, but what of attack?" Alison asked as she rubbed my back a bit.

"We can't attack until we know where Exodious is hiding." Avalon said.

"So we just wait and see?" Aviri asked.

"We don't have a choice." Amy told her.

"Who will take the throne?" Luna asked.

"The strongest should take the throne." Avalon said.

"Agreed." Avalar nodded.

"So one of you two?" Kira asked.

"No." They shook their heads.

"Then who?" Aviri asked.

The twins smiled and their multicolored eyes locked on me as they pointed directly at me. "The Child of Mixed Blood should take the throne."

Book 2

End.

----------------------

I posted the rest of the chapters because I'm going to Vermont for vacation with my grandparents tomorrow and wouldn't be able to update because I wouldn't have my desktop. I warned you guys that the ending sucked and I look forward to feed back when I get back. However I want to ask for suggestions for the sequal to Dragon Realm. I'd like to make it entertaining for everyone so I want to know what you think should happen.