Chapter 29

I crashed on my bed, and lay beside Alexis. "I can't believe this is happening. I didn't think that was Rose. I didn't think she'd ever act like that." I told her as I rolled over and faced her.

She faced me herself. "Neither did I. She always seemed so nice."

"Maybe Agora really hurt her emotionally?" I asked.

"Didn't Agora kill his father then leave them? He abandoned her and became the one thing Rose hoped her children wouldn't be."

"But her husband was a human at one point. He lost himself in his power." I added. "He started beating Rose and so Agora killed him. Isn't that a good thing?"

"Rose still loved him, and Agora took that from her." She explained. "There was always a chance he could have changed."

"Still..." I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

"I suppose we'd have to hear it from her." Alexis said. "We can't just make it up because we don't know everything."

"Exactly. I hate not knowing the full story because then I can't make up an opinion!"

"I wish I knew more about her. You'd think after a zillion years with her being alive someone would have wrote a book or something about her." Alexis smirked.

"Agreed." I sighed and looked at my fridge. In it sat the blood that would just be something I would drink for fun. I was no longer dependent on it. I would no longer take someone I cared for away from me.

"Thirsty?" Alexis asked as she followed my gaze.

"W-what? No. I was just thinking."
"About?"

"About how I don't need to worry about loosing myself to blood anymore." I answered.

"That's always a good thing." She smiled softly. "But if you really want to you can always-."

"I don't ever intend to drink your blood." I interrupted. "I don't want to be addicted to it or feel that I need it to survive."

"But you don't need it to survive."

"But my body may act like I do. I don't want that to happen." I told her.

"I understand." She nodded a bit.

I closed my eyes and waited for my dreams to come but they never did. I could hear that Alexis and Emma had fallen asleep but I couldn't force myself to fall into slumber.

The vision of Rose in battle prevented me from falling asleep. Her power and anger flowed off her in her silver armor making it seem almost palpable. Nothing in the world could stop this Goddess when she descended onto the battlefield.

The thought kept me awake, and it kept me nervous of my grandmother. Nervous that she might not be the kind hearted woman we all thought she was deep down. After all she planned to leave the castle and attack Agora directly.

Which would break the deal with the hunters and allow them to hunt Nightshades. But I don't really think they'd have the balls to attack us knowing how powerful we are.

The thought kept me awake all night, and when sun beamed into my window blinding me even though I was under the covers, I knew today was going to be a horrid day.

Alexis was back in my head as I walked down the stairs and walked into the throne room where Rose was sitting on her throne yet again. I yawned as I walked in and my mothers smiled at me.

In front of Rose was Amy and another woman. She looked about my parent's age but she smelled like a mage. She didn't make eye contact with Rose and kept her gaze on the floor.