Chapter 34

I didn't yet understand what Alexis meant by my wolf because it was mostly quiet other than the occasional animal noises. But it must have done something to scare her so bad.

Emma had gone to spend her day with her step parents in the human world. She really didn't want to go but we pushed her into going. And Alexis went out with Amber to talk about being a Shade, so I was left by my lonesome.

I thought about Serana and Jade, and how their mother just left them here. Some of Serana's servants ended up coming to the castle requesting they stay with Serana. I guess they really were her friends.

I sighed to myself and lay in the grass on the hill looking at the forest on the other side of the river. The ice had melted and the forest looked beautiful. Some of the leaves were changing to their amber colors as autumn was just around the corner. However the cool breeze was welcoming from the summer heat.

Winter wasn't my favorite season, but the cold was enjoyable. It let me act like a kid while I played in the cold snow. Throwing snowballs at my parents and even getting Rose to crack a smile.

However, seeing how things were lately, I don't think Rose will be smiling for a while.

I sighed and thought about how scary she had looked, and how powerful she was. I didn't know if she really could kill Agora. He's her son. That would be impossible.

"Rose won't kill him." I heard a woman's voice.

I sat up and looked around. "Who's there?" I called.

"Rose doesn't have the guts to kill her own son the way he killed her husband!" The voice taunted.

"Show yourself!" I yelled.

Within a second, I was thrown across the river and I landed on the other side, bashing my ribs into a tree. I groaned in agony then yelped as a black paw smashed into the ground beside my head.

"Rose is weak! She is a pathetic being that has outlived her time! She must fall!" The woman snarled. The voice was stern like a warriors. It was deep but just high enough to give off a feminine sound. Like a very proud woman.

I turned my head and stared straight at the white teeth of a huge black demon.The tail was a black lizard's tail, and wings grew from it's back alone with spikes that ran down it's spine. Huge horns grew from it's skull and curved forward like a bull's. It's eyes were a solid red. Fur didn't cover it's body, but leathery skin did. Its body was shaped like a werewolves body but it was more demonic. Almost like a mix between the wolf, vampire, and a dragon.

"Oh my god." I whimpered.

It's mouth didn't move when it spoke, but the voice was clearly coming from this monster. "Rose's time is coming to an end. She will die, and someone new will sit on the throne! It will be me! I will make sure of that! I will sit on her throne and rule all four Realms in Exodious! All races will bow down to me!"

"What the fuck are you?" I whimpered.

"I am the true God! I deserve the throne! I will not let you impede my progress! I will take back what that bitch stole from me! And it will be her who is crushed this time around!" The monster bellowed.

"What are you!?" I yelled again.

"Exodious! I am the God that created this realm! I am the God that she sealed away! I will not let her control this world that I have created! I will crush that beast and return her to Hell where she belongs!" The monster raised its arms over its head and brought them down in a quick motion.

I sat up screaming. I looked around finding myself on the hill in front of the river. I had fallen asleep there.

"Just a dream." I whimpered as I buried my face in my hands.

"I wish." Came another voice.

I spun my head around finding Sarah standing there with her arms crossed.

"Shouldn't you be reading in the library?" I asked.

"I was going to the river to read outside. I heard you yelling so I checked what was wrong. You talk in your sleep." Sarah said.

I glared at her.

"Exodious is very real. She's the entity that created this world and filled it with life." Sarah explained.

"Then why was she so evil?"

"Because she is." Sarah answered. "She created the world as a playground because the other Gods banished her from Earth. She created monsters to cause chaos and sent them through the portals to Earth. This angered the Gods so they retaliated with their own armies. But it was a stalemate. So they called on Rose. They proposed a deal. They would manifest her soul from the beyond and let her live forever, granting her all their powers, if she destroyed Exodious and all her monsters. Rose excepted their offer, and she was born along with Luna and Amber. But it was Rose alone who crushed all of Exodious's monsters, and then Exodious herself. Rose banished the Devil into Oblivion where she resides to this day. However, if Exodious is able to communicate with you in a dream, this means that those seals are weakening."

"So Exodious is going to come back?" I asked.

"It appears so." Sarah answered.

"Right in the middle of a war with Agora?"

"Perhaps the war with Agora is what's going to bring her back to life." Sarah said.

"We have to tell Rose." I told her.

"Absolutely." Sarah nodded.

I stood up and the two of us walked back into the castle and into Rose's throne room in silence.

Rose was sitting on her throne but as we walked in she seemed to understand that the situation became more serious.

"Rose..." I called. She raised an eyebrow. "Exodious is coming back."

Rose's eyes widened and for the first time in my entire life, the Great Rose showed fear.

----------------------

I have to ask, since Dragon Realm is done, should I post the rest of this book right away? Daybreaker has 38 chapters, so there will be a few, but not enough for me to want to keep holding back.