Chapter 36

The village was destroyed. Corpses littered the streets. They were both human and vampire. Alison was still running around slaughtering alongside her mother.

Rose was pushing through hordes of the fledglings with ease. Her sword was a flicker of light as it cut through them. And anything that survived was impaled by the blades Amber created from the shadows.

Everyone was taking part in this bloodshed. I could see Kat on the roof firing off arrow after arrow while Bells cut down anyone who tried to get onto the roof to kill her.

Alice and Xena tore through the vampires with their bare hands, leaving nothing but mangled corpses in their wake.

Serana merely walked through the vampires leaving them frozen solid in ice. Her sister would burn them to ashes before they could raise their weapons.

All in all it was a complete bloodbath. I fought will all I had, but there was no end to them. They just kept coming and coming no matter how many were killed.

Sarah would point at them and they would explode into dust. But Alice was always watching her back. Nothing got within 10 feet of Sarah without being torn apart by Alice.

There was so much death everywhere I looked. It was everywhere. People were being cut apart or torn in half but there was just no end.

"Where are they coming from?" I asked.

"Over a thousand years of breeding and turning vampires." Xena explained. "There are millions of vampires here."

We can't keep this up. Alexis told me. We'll get tired before they all die.

"But what else can we do?" I asked.

"We have to find Agora and kill him now." Kira said.

"We don't know where he is." I told her.

"Yes we do." Alice pointed to the church steeple where Agora stood. He was dressed in golden armor, his face twisted in an evil grin.

"Dear mother. I believe you intended to leave the village and come fight me yourself didn't you?" Agora laughed. His voice booming down at us.

"Indeed I did. But you attacked first. So we fight on my land instead." Rose growled.

"It appears so, doesn't it?" Agora laughed again.

"Alice. Kill him." Rose ordered.

"With pleasure."

"Not so fast my little Alice." Agora smiled.

"ALICE!" Sarah roared.

The sound of tearing flesh spun me around. The boy who sat next to Agora at the council meeting, had just rammed a sword into Alice's back.

"Lok!" Xena bellowed. She plowed into the boy and the two of them went into a bloody roll. Alice collapsed onto her knees and fell to the side. Sarah dropped beside her and pulled the sword out. How could the weapon penetrate the Spriggan?

"Alice! Don't you dare die on me!" Sarah roared as she began using her healing magic on her.

Rose roared up at Agora. "Coward!" She bellowed.

"Why would I let her kill me with her eyes when it would be more fun to duel my mother?" Agora smiled. "Come on then dear mother! Let us see if you truly are as powerful as they say!"

Huge black dragon wings exploded from Rose's back and launched her into the air. She swung her sword and the church's steeple slid apart. Agora leaped off, his own wings forming on his back, as he drew his own sword. The two of them clashed in a flying duel.

I looked back at Alice who was bleeding profusely and not responding to Sarah who continued to call out her name.

Blood sprayed down from the aerial battle that was going on above us. I raised my head only to catch the taste of the most angelic flavor ever to fall into my mouth.

Rose's blood without a doubt.

Rose was smashing Agora off buildings and cutting him with every chance she got. Eventually he broke away and landed between us.

Lok who I had assumed killed Xena lunged over his shoulder straight at me, but Aviri swung her sword severing his head from his body.

Agora swung his own sword dismembering Aviri's arm at the shoulder causing her to wail out in agony.

"Aviri!" Kira bellowed.

"It will grow back!" Aviri roared. "Kill him!"

Kira wasted no time as she lunged at her older brother. Their swords clashing again and again. Kira's speed keeping her ahead of him. Rose landed behind me and charged forwards, her sword spinning in her palm.

Kira tripped Agora with her sword as Rose raised the sword over her head, and she and Kira both brought down their blades.

A metal clang was heard that made the world stop. Agora kicked Kira's sword from her grasp just as Rose's sword stabbed into Agora's throat.

Kira's sword, was now imbedded in Rose's stomach.