Chapter 17

As I ran into the lobby to go up the stairs, there was a knocking on the front door.

I paused and turned around. I was already halfway up the stairs, so I just looked at the door.

Maybe if you don't answer they'll think no one is home? Emma offered.

There are so many people living in the castle. Even if we don't answer, they'll still know that someone is home. Alexis explained.

Still. We don't invite people inside, so we shouldn't answer the door. What if its someone important to Rose, or Aviri, or Kira? Emma seemed a bit nervous.

"I really shouldn't open it." I muttered.

You shouldn't. Alexis agreed.

"So... what should we do?" I asked, as another knock was heard.

Leave it alone. Alexis said. Leave it to Rose.

Another knock was heard.

They're persistent aren't they? Emma sighed.

"Excuse me?" I heard from behind the door. It sounded like a woman.

"Seriously? Why are we knocking? This is Rose, she's expecting us." Said another, though this one sounded younger.

"I agree with her. Rose will know we're coming." This one sounded a bit younger than the other.

I walked up to the door. "Who is it?" I called.

I heard a sigh, then the door was pushed opened. I was forced to take a step back as the three girls walked in.

All three woman had light brown hair and bronze eyes. The oldest woman had a stern expression that made me almost frightened of her. The second oldest looked about my age and she seemed much more like the way a teenager should be. The youngest one looked between 8 and 9. However all three of them were obviously vampires. Their clothing looked a bit baggy like the robes Rose wore. Only they were blue and decorated with gold trims. The robes were also V neck but their chests were covered with what looked like dressy shirt.

"Are you Alison?" The oldest one asked.

"No ma'am. I'm Kira and Alison's daughter, Myra." I answered.

The woman raised her eyebrow at me like I was some kind of abomination. "I see." The woman sighed. "Very well. Do you know where Rose is?" She asked.

"Last time I saw her she was outside with my parents." I answered. "I can take you to her if you want."

"She was expecting us. I find this rude of her to not be waiting on time." The woman sighed.

"Well she is Rose, so she's probably busy." Said the teenager.

"You haven't even introduced us." Said the youngest one.

"Pardon me then." Said the woman with a smile. "I am Zia. This is my oldest daughter Serana, and my youngest daughter Jade." The two daughters bowed politely.

"Zia?" I paused trying to remember.

M-Myra...that's Rose's other daughter... She's Zia Stargazer. Emma whimpered.

"Oh!" I bowed myself. "I'm so sorry! I didn't recognize you!" I told her.

She put her hand under my chin and raised my head, forcing me to face her. "There's nothing to apologize for, we haven't met yet." Zia told me. Her eyes didn't meet mine. Instead it was obvious that they were staring at the side of my neck as she tilted my head to the side. "However..." I could see the glow of her now crimson eyes, but something held my body still. "... I haven't fed on a Pureblood Werewolf before... and you're half that, and more aren't you?"