Chapter 32

She has a Golem for a companion. Emma told me.

A Golem? I asked.

I've seen her use it. Its an Ice Golem, and her favorite spells involve ice. Alexis added.

Then let's use fire. I smiled myself. My wolf bounced around happily in my head, ready to fight.

Serana smiled and ice collected on her arms which she pointed at me and shot diamond shaped shards of ice at me.

I swung my arm and Emma had already read my thoughts as my arm was wrapped in a purple aura which crashed against the shards of ice and shattered them on contact. Serana ran around me and continued firing her bolts of ice which I continued to block.

Alexis, attack her from bellow while Emma helps me block! I called.

Right! She answered. I felt her leave my soul and descend into my shadow. For someone who's just become a Shade, she had practically mastered her powers due to Emma being in my head.

Her form shot out from Serana's shadow and wrapped around her legs stopping her from running. Serana however didn't look as worried as I thought that would make her, and instead the ice spread up from her arms and covered her whole body. Alexis's arm turned into a blade that she stabbed into Serana's body, but it only just penetrated the ice and didn't seem to be able to go any deeper into it.

The ice covering Serana's body moved to her facial features as it twisted into a grin. Spikes shot out from her icey skin and stabbed through Alexis. However Alexis was in her ghost-like form causing the spikes to only force her to release her, not actually causing physical harm.

Alexis retreated back into my body as I charged forwards and planted my feet into her chest. Emma wrapped her purple magic around my legs just to be safe.

Serana raised her arms and blocked my blow allowing me to back flip off her. I landed on my feet and she had already lunged forward swinging her ice covered arm at my head.

Thankfully I was used to my mother's speed and was easily able to side step and dodge, then roundhouse kick her straight in her side.

She stumbled to the side and growled as she glared at me as I took another stance and smiled at her.

“You aren't as pathetic as I thought.” Serana answered.

“For a Stargazer you seem to depend on brute force over your magic. That is where you loose.” I told her.

“You think? Then let's step it up shall we?” She smiled. Ice shot out in a perfect circle around her feet. I managed to jump up before it could freeze my feet to the ground, but when I landed again, the ground was an ice rink, and Serana had ice ice skates on her feet. She quickly shot towards me and as I went to dodge I slipped and stumbled back. Had I not slipped she would have stabbed me. I rolled onto my hands and feet and growled.

“No one ever taught you to skate? You haven't lived.” Serana teased.

“I suppose you'll teach me then?” I asked.

“Only if you really want.” She added.

“Nah. I prefer swimming.” I smiled. I let my arms catch fire and melt the ice around my body. I stood up and started throwing fireballs towards her which she blocked with her icy blasts. I ran around her and she skated trying to keep up with me. With each step I took it melted the ice below my feet.

“Nightshades and their ability to use magic and strength against their enemies.” Serana growled.

“That's only part of the fun I have for you.” I laughed. “Have you ever fought a werewolf before?” I asked.