°Chapter One°

"Alexandra Sugar Petrakis!" Urrgh! "Girl get your ass here or I'm a drag you down myself!". "Why me?", I mumbled into my soft....soft soft pillow as I started to fall back into sleep.

"Alexandra!!!!!", I jolted up from my bed at the closeness of her voice and snapped my head to the direction. She was standing by my door with a spatula on her hand and a deadly glare fixed on me.

"I'm up. I'm up", I yawned. "Im'ma wait a minute, if you're not downstairs for breakfast in three minutes girl I'll whoop your ass", she warned before storming downstairs.

Geez.

I stifled out a  yawn while I stretched to my satisfaction. "Oh if it was up to me I'd sleep through out the day.", I breathed out before striping and entering the bathroom.

After bathing I took out my favorite outfit which I normally wore. A T-shirt and skinny jeans. At times I wore jackets to match but today seemed like it would be hot.

After dressing up, i applied a little lip gloss, combed and brushed my short brown hair. I loved it short, plus I adored the color which matched with my dark skin.

Finally done.

I exited my room and ran straight to the dining room before mom would throw a fit again. "Morning ma", I greeted with a goofy smile which in turn earned me a suspicious look from her.

"Is this the first time you're seeing me this morning?", She scoffed. "I'm not sober during sleep mom you know that", I shrugged with an apologetic smile.

True. I hated it when people woke me from sleep. Especially for school.

"Whatever", she muttered with an eye roll which I chuckled at.

Mom served me a large helping of pancakes and syrup which I attacked immediately. She sat opposite me with her pancake filled plate and started to eat.

I noticed how she sometimes Stole glances at me while eating. As if wanting to tell me something.

"Where's Dad?", I asked, trying to clear the weird vibe,not like I didn't know. Dad was a busy man. He owned a few - okay a lot of hotels around town so he sometimes went to work early and sometimes came home late.

But he was never too busy for family, and his daughter.

"He left for work early.", She replied and I nodded. I noticed again as she looked at me. "Okay mom what's it this time?", I asked with raised brows.

"Finally you ask!!!", She threw her hands up in an exaggerated manner. Seeing this I chuckled. Mom always acted suspicious when there was something she wanted to say. Especially when it was good news.

"Remember Carl?", I rose a brow in response. "Who's Carl?", Her mouth dropped at my question and I burst into laughter.

"Yes mom I do remember Carl.", I said, still laughing at the look she had on her face.

Carl. How can I forget my childhood friend. And the only friend I had then. I was just seven when Carl and his parents moved in close to our house.

I remember he loved my middle name. Sugar. Which I hated by the way. He also loved teasing me, and thought it was a great idea to steal my towel right from my window.

Since then I avoided hanging my towel on my curtain. But hey, that's what made us friends. We played a lot after that. Sometimes he'd visit my home, and at times I'd visit his.

Until his father got a job transfer to L.A, and they had to move.

Yeah I cried. But moved on after a week. What I was just eight!

"Well good. Cause you're going to pick him up from the airport today", she chirped and I choked on my spit. I coughed and coughed till mom rushed and got me water from the fridge which I immediately gulped down my throat.

After a few seconds I calmed down. "I'm sorry what?!!", I yelled. "He's moving back....to live with us", she added. "What!!!", I yelled again.

"Stop yelling or you'll choke again dumbass!", She rolled her eyes. "Mom explain!", I ignored her earlier advice and yelled again.

"He's opening a business here, so he called to ask if he could stay here with us. And I agreed.", She said. I stared at her in shock , my mind processing everything she said and when it finally did, "mom you have a daughter!", I yelled the only excuse I could think of.

"So?, You're old enough to get laid Alex, stop whining", my mouth dropped at her statement as she stood up to drop her plate in the sink.

"Now get up Missy, you're late for school", she added.

Great! Just great!

I thought before shoving my mouth with a pancake and stomping out of the dining room, and then the house for school.

••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••

And how was that guys! Like it??

Please vote and comment what y'all think about my story. And this is like ...my first story on wattpad so please be nice.

Thanks!
-snakeybb.