17

The kiss was hard but delicate, sweet but sour, warm but cold, mind blowing and breath taking.

Whoever thought a small kiss was so much more then just that, the way his breath lingered on my lips as we drive back to California was mind blowing, the scene that took place last night wasn't what you think, no we didn't make love and no the kiss didn't turn into a full blow make out session, disappointed? I know welcome to the club .

After I laid my lips onto his, i felt the fireworks, the rustling of animals in my stomach and the world had fully stopped, but once he pulled away the reality of what we had just done hit like a tone of bricks.

I wasn't confused about my feelings anymore I can tell you that much, I was disappointed in jake for not pushing the scene any further, most girls would be happy about that but me on the other hand would have loved to know or feel the actions as they took place.

The ride home was silent, for all three of us, not wanting to push whatever situations we all had last night to surface. we wanted it to stay there untill we had a understanding of it.

Katie looked fine, like normal, while jake looked confused, maybe even regretful, but for me on the other hand I look like a complete idiot fan girl, I couldn't stop touching my lips or smiling Everytime I thought of jakes lips, I was utterly and stupidly obsessed with his soft sweet lips.

Jake pulled into one of those small dinners all the truckers goto stating he was hungry, he didn't give us time to get out the car before he was already inside the dinner, Katie gave me a questioning look but I shrugged her off as if I didn't know anything .

After our food was ordered and our drinks came the silence hit us again, nothing was heard but the small chatter of the people around us.

There wasn't many customers just a few truckers who seemed tired as hell as they downed there 5th cup of coffee, and a mother along with her son eating some delicious  pancakes.
The small boy smiled at me giving me a wave but I guess his mother didn't allow such a thing becuz she slapped his hand down and gave me a scroll .

To believe it or not but that still didn't change my giddy mood.

"What are you smiling at?" Katie asked me

"Nothing" I answered

Jake gave me a sad look before turning his head towards the window he's siting by, jake was avoiding me, and in some way so was I

I was afraid to approach a subject like this to him when he was the one I shared it with .

"So Katie, how was last night? " jake asked

She shrugged her shoulders "it was ok me and Anthony talked till this morning about what todo"

"And?" I asked

"And we decided it will be best if I had an abortion"

I almost spit my soda right out of my mouth "what?" I choked out

"Did he suggest that?" jake asked

"No I did" Katie said

"Why?" I finally said

She looked out the window "I couldn't let Anthony's football career come to an end"

"Was tony ok with this?" jake asked

"No, he hasn't talked me since this morning" she looked down at her food that had just arrived "he wanted to keep the baby, he said we could get married and I could move with him becuz they had family housing and it wouldn't mess up his football but It will, the night rest he used to have will be gone and so would the parties"