2

It was just another normal day in school, the pranks hasn't came yet which was weird but I'm enjoying the free time I have.

I'm currently standing by my locker gathering all my books for the day.

I try my hardest to stay away from my locker as much as possible due to the fact that it's out in the open and allows all the popular kids to do as they please.

"Did you hear about the ball tonight?"

"Ahhh Katie you scared me!" I silently screamed at my best friend

"Did you hear about the ball or not?" she asked annoyed

"Yeah who hasn't dear"

"I think we should go" i turn to look at her as I shut my locker her face was beaming with hope, hoping I would say yes.

"No" I replied

"Oh c'mon you never want to go anywhere with me" she wined

"That's becuz the places you go too, they will be there"
Katie was a nerd who fitted in with the normal crowd, a talent I couldn't pick up, it wasn't becuz she was beautiful or the fact that she wore all the fancy clothes before anyone else, it was due to the fact that she didn't suffer from social issues or had a group of people hating her for no reason, Katie was slim,tall and blond with the bluest eyes I have ever seen, she looked like the popular crowd but for some reason she stayed by my side.

Katie and I have been friends since freshmen year, when we 1st met she was one of the girls who stood behind the queen bee as she pranked me, something must have strucked Katie's heart that day becuz after that she ditched her friends and hung out with me, I had asked her plenty of times why she did such a thing and her responses were always the same , she said she just wanted too. I was ok with that answer, If Katie would have never done that I would be here alone suffering.

"C'mon Jessie it's a masked ball so you don't have to worry about the haters hating on you" she said as we walked to our 1st class

"Idk Katie it seems stupid to me"

"Just think about it ok? but let me know by the end of school becuase we would have Togo shopping " she said in her high pitch girly voice I hated so much

"Fine just be quiet now I don't want to draw attention"

Did I mention Katie was just as rich as me maybe even a little more?.

"Hey nerd" I heard no other then the famous jerk himself jake Adams
Jake was the typical jock who had all the girls and who threw the most exciting party's, not that I would know anyways. He was good looking just as every other bad boy you read about, he was also my main bully but he wasn't the typical one, he didn't push me or prank me but he did use words that weren't ok to call me, sometimes he would just leave me alone or speak to me with kindness , without his friends around of course.

"Jessie didn't you hear me calling you? he asked once he approached my side

"I don't reply to nerd jake you know that " I said in frustration

Jake always made my head spin with all the mood swings he goes through when it comes to me, it's like one minute he hates me the next he's being so nice I forget who he is and what he does to me

"Well I just wanted to say hello " he smiled "and wanted to know if your going to the ball?"

"She might" Katie pipped in
I had thought she left

"Maybe idk, seems like a disaster to me"

"Why?" He asked

"I'm not putting myself in a room full of the popular jerks jake, matter of fact why don't you go away? I'm tired of your moods" I spat at him causing his smile to fade