Chapter Twenty-Four

Although I hated to admit it, I still sometimes missed Kevin. I often wish that things hadn't ended the way that they did. He had always been there for me, even before we started dating. He always gave me advice for any situation that I was in. I could've never imagined losing someone that meant that much to me. I was devastated the night that we broke up. I really didn't want to end things but I knew that it would be better for the both of us. 

     After my brother was killed he and I never spoke again. I head back to my room and sit on my bead with my phone in my hands. I stare at the black screen debating on whether or not I should call or text him. The cops never really found any solid evidence as to whether or not Kevin was the one who shot my brother and I know that it wasn't Kevin. Although they knew that Kevin had something to do with the incident, they couldn't find any evidence, so they couldn't give him any prison time. 

     There are so many things that I should tell the police about that night that I haven't yet. Like the fact that Kevin was only there for a bit. After he left was when the shooting happened. I know why my brother was killed. It wasn't just an armed robbery as the cops seem to think. There was a motive behind it. But I can't tell the cops this because then I will have to explain why Kevin was there and I will have to tell them what Jake did. They might start blaming me for his death. Or, even worse, they might find out what part Jake and I played in this. 

    I know that I can't let anyone know any of the things that I do so I have stayed silent about it up until now. I pick up my phone and call Kevin. 

     "Shay?" he answers. The confusion is evident in his voice. "We aren't supposed to be talking, why are you calling me? This could get both of us into a lot of trouble. Are you okay?"

     "Yeah Kev, I'm fine. I just need to talk to you about what happened that night. I need to meet you in person." I respond, my voice shaking. "I know you didn't do it. And I want to know anything that you haven't told me about that night."

     "Where do you want to meet?"

     "Remember the old park that we used to hang out at? Meet me there in a half hour." I hang up, grab my pocket knife that Jake gave me after Matt died, walk down stairs and walk straight out the door without stopping to tell my dad where I'm going. I get on my bike and start pedaling. 

A/N- Hey guys! I notice that not many people are reading this anymore, if you're still reading this please comment, vote, and share. Let me know what you think of it so far!! Thanks <3

Everything Changedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें