Chapter Two

Sitting on the kitchen table is a small piece of blue paper with my name on it. I automatically know that it must be from my mother. I grab the paper off the table and begin reading.

Shay,

   I am so sorry. There was an emergency at the hospital and they called me in. Your father is still out of town on a business trip. He won't be home for a few daysI will be back late tonight. There is leftover pizza in the fridge. The house is yours for the day. You know the rules.

Love, Mom

     Well, at least she bothered to leave a note this time. I go to the kitchen and grab the box of leftover pizza. I open the box to find nothing but crusts. So much for food. I start searching the cabinets. All I find is an old bag of stale chips. I grab them and head to the living room. I take a seat on the couch and turn the TV on. Lucky for me, my favorite show, Pretty Little Liars, is on.

     10 minutes into the first episode I hear a loud knock on the front door. All of a sudden I have a flashback. My brothers face, covered in tears. The door slowly opening as a stranger slips into the house. I hear a gunshot. I snap back to reality when I hear another knock on the door. I stand up and open the large red door located at the front of our old brick house.

     When I open the door I see a boy no older than me standing on the porch. His bleach blond hair is messy, but not in a bad way. He looks like a football player and for some reason, he looks really familiar.

    " Hi, are you Shaylee?" Asks the boy.

     "Um... Yeah... who exactly are you?" I ask. Realizing, only after I finish the sentence how rude I must seem.

     "Oh, um, I'm Blake." He says, taken aback by my question.

     "Okay.... So..... May I help you?" I ask.

     "Oh," he says, "this letter was left at my house this morning. The mailman must have mixed up our addresses."

     "Oh, well, thanks," I say as I take the envelope away from him.

     "I should probably go before my dad starts getting worried."

     "Okay... bye.... and thanks again for this." I motion towards the envelope in my hand.

     "Yup, no problem." I watch him walk down the small path from our door that leads to the gravel road
I know I have seen him before somewhere. I look at the green envelope he gave me. I don't recognize the return address. I open the letter cautiously

Shay,

I know your secret.

*****

A/N- Well, that was another chapter! What do you think Shay will do about the letter she received? Comment and vote! Thanks!