Chapter Fourteen

After our movie night Blake and I walk back to my house. It's getting dark and I don't really want to go for another ride on his motorcycle. This time instead of taking the normal way home we take the longer way. We are silent for awhile until we reach the graveyard where my brother is buried. We slow down at the gates.

     " I haven't been here in awhile," Blake says quietly, " this is where my mom is buried. She loved this location because it's so close to our house. She always told me that if anything ever happened to her that she wanted to be buried here. So that's what we did."

     "My brother loved this graveyard too. He always thought that this was the prettiest place. He used to sit and draw pictures of the gravestones. So when he died I made sure that my mom buried him here." I state. 

     We stand in silence for a brief moment. I slowly start walking to my brother's grave. Blake follows close behind. We get close to my brother's stone Blake turns to look at something. I turn to see what he is looking at. What I see makes tears form in the corners of my eyes. Right beside my brother's grave stone is the spot where Blake's mother is buried. 

    I look closer to his mother's headstone and I read the name on it. Her last name was Blue. I take a moment to think about that. Mary was his mother's name. Mary Blue. Kevin Blue.... Kevin was Mary's son. I remember my older brother mentioning Kevin's mom once or twice. That means Kevin and Blake are brothers. 

     I stand up and without looking back at Blake I start running. I run and run until I reach my house. I go inside and lay on my bed. All of a sudden I feel exhausted. I close my eyes and immediately fall into a dark dreamless sleep.